How much fruit should I feed my bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Guys how much fruit am I allowed to feed her?some sites says 1 tbsp every day and some says 1 tbsp a week, I’m getting confused. She is 6 months old 1.30 kg Lionhead.

Once a rabbit is accustomed to a diet that includes generous daily greens, then small amounts of fruit can be offered. The amount is generally 1 tablespoon per average rabbit (which matches the HRS suggestion of 1 teaspoon per 2 lbs of rabbit). But that amount may need to be adjusted down for some rabbits. Some have more sensitive tummies and, if so, then they may need to be fed less fruit, fed less often, or even not at all.

I agree with @Blue eyes and fruit should be a special treat. I personally don’t give fruit to them that often because they love other healthier food just as much. But it’s up to you on how often, as long as it’s no more than 1 tbsp per day!

You should teach her tricks and feed fruits as a reward :p You're making feeding fruits sound like a chore, haha, it's good for bonding.

You should teach her tricks and feed fruits as a reward :p You're making feeding fruits sound like a chore, haha, it's good for bonding.
It’s because we eat fruits every day and when she smells it she gets crazy, her eyes gets crossed, she stands up and holds my legs or sits on top of my foot, and her nose moves to the point that her whole face moves with it😂😂 she begs for it and I feel sorry for her.

They go crazy! When I'm eating fruits she'll stand next to me waiting patiently and circling my feet even after I finish the fruits. How can you possibly eat fruits without feeding them? Their cute little faces...🥺

All this is why I never eat fruit in front of either of my two rabbits. They'd never forgive me if I did that without sharing with them.

Latest posts

Back