How much does your rabbit(s) like "sweets" ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know, I didn't give it the first time because I don't usually give them anything but carrots apples and pellets but my bunny found a piece on the floor the kids had dropped and when I tried to take it from him went nuts, so I had been giving him a very very small taste if he caught us with them and was demanding some. thanks for the info sorry guys no more haystacks!

A few Cheerios etc now & again probably are ok, but I don't believe in introducing any food that Honey can't have every day if she wants. She's bad enough with the tiny papaya cube.

My rabbit's always eat my dogs food when i bring them inside, (which is like once a month) it's weird! They only get time to have 1 biscuit because i catch them and take them away, but will it harm them?

1357rabbitlover wrote:
My rabbit's always eat my dogs food when i bring them inside, (which is like once a month) it's weird! They only get time to have 1 biscuit because i catch them and take them away, but will it harm them?

Cookie is OBSESSED with dog food! LMBO! We always have to take the dogs food up when he is out, cuz he will charge and head butt them for their food LOL and they are scared of him, so they just step aside" BAHAHAHAHAHA lol glad to know he's not the only crazy bun whose obsessed with dog food! Weirdo! :big wink:

As to whether it will harm them... Cookie has had rather large amounts before, when we didn't know he was eating it... And he never had a problem! But he is also kinda known to have an "iron stomach" LOL we try to avoid him getting any now, but the ocassional kibble I wouldn't think would hurt anything!

hahaha what is that about. With Harvey it's cat food. He loves the stuff. He's like a little hoover vacuum if I miss pieces. I also have to put the cat food out of Harvey's way or he'll push the cats aside.

1357rabbitlover wrote:

Rabbits are not meant to eat anything with meat in it. While it won't kill them in small quantities, it is certainly not healthy and I would not recommend it.

Pepin has actually landed dead in the middle of a bowl full of Special K with strawberries in her enthusiasm to get at the strawberry bits...and she's not nicknamed Banana Slut for no good reason.

gmas rabbit wrote:
Derby loves strawberries, bananas and grapes. Was standing on the deck eating a pie of apple pie yesterday and a chunk of crust fell off. Derby was like a piranha going after it and dragging it to his lair under the steps.
haha, this made me laugh :)

Rascal goes insane for dried apple slices.
I buy only organic ones with no sulphates.

I put a small piece (maybe 1" or 2" long) on top of his pellets every day. If I don't, he gets really upset.

Apples, bananas and carrots are the only "sweets" we've tried so far. He liked the banana and likes baby carrots (spoiled bun)but goes CRAZY for apples. The poor kids can't eat an apples without getting mauled. And if we give theparrot an apple he'll do everything possible to reach the cage and take it. (Good thing there's NO way he can reach it lol)

We've tried strawberries, bananas, apples and a small thin slice of pineapple and Pancakes won't eat any of it. She LOVES strawberry leaves though. Those should be ok for her to eat, right? I do have to say she loves carrots, especially their green, leafy tops! Perhaps that's sweet enough for her?

Latest posts

Back