How long until you can figure out if a rabbit is overweight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadezhda

Reaction score
Today I clipped my bun's nails, and when I tookZorro's cone off, I was shocked that he looked a little"thug"like. I'm not sure whether he's just awkwardly growing,or whether he's getting fat. He's only about 4 months old, soI'm not sure when he'll stop growing. He is a pretty bigbunny, and the breeder never got back to me...

Yeah, a photo might help...

In general, I wouldn't worry about young animals. They might, aschildren sometimes do, gain weight just before a big growth spurt.Unless he's a dwarf breed I wouldn't expect him to be completely donegrowing anytime soon, so I'd say keep an eye on it but don't get tooconcerned. He's still active, right?

After searching *everywhere* for the cameracord, I gave up and decided to put the camera back into the drawerwhere the camera case and camera accesories are stored.Funnily enough, the camera cord was exactly where it was supposed to be*rolls eyes*

FrumpyBun.jpg

aoraor.jpg

zorstre.jpg

Good. These photo's don't really showit, but he's got big shoulders, and a short neck, like a rabbitquarterback! I've never had a boy-bunny before, though, so Imay be over-reacting, especially since I'm used to seeing him in ane-collar...

Zorro looks fine to me also.

Zorro's a mini rex I believe?

I have one myself :)

A mini Rex? I'm not sure.The sign said something like Netherland dwarf lop! His fur isa bit short, but it's not as short as I think Rex fur is.The breeder never phoned me, so next time I'm downtown I'mgoing to harass Rick, the pet store owner, to get the **** lady tophone. Rawr!

Latest posts

Back