How long should I play with my bunny??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mary3128

Reaction score
Oliver is my 3&1/2 Holland Lop and today I tried to bond with him because I haven't actually done so in awhile. How long should I keep him inside playing with me? Thanks everybunny! :)

It depends what you're doing to bond. If he's in a comfortable position & you're just talking to him, it can go on a long time. If you're holding him & he squirms, it's probably time to stop.

I was sitting down on the computer and he was on my lap. He seemed okay actually. He was warm and happy. I carried him for awhile (I have a special way of carrying him that he doesn't mind) and I sat down again and talked to him.

Maybe sit in a small room with him(like the bathroom) so he can check you out from all angles and you can still be in close contact. My rabbit and I spend a couple hours together a day, but he's only ever in his cage for 7 hours at night.

As long as the rabbit is happy and not freaking out. When I am at my parents house I will sit with my rabbits for 3 hrs at a time while they are hopping all around and doing bunny 500s and binkies at the same time. I do not force them to be with me. They will both come up to me periodicaly to be pet or say hi but will then go off and do their own think. I would do it longer but I run out of stuff to do on the computer or need to do something else (like sleep).

or you could always have a bonding thing that you do:) for example: my bunny likes to "help" me clean his cage in the mornings. hes still learning to go in his litter box, so in the morning when I sweep up his cage floor and clean it so he has a clean cage for the day he likes to hop under me (im usually on all fours) and push things out of the way or grab the scooper off the floor and throw it towards me. It kind of is our bonding moment every day because hes right next to me everytime.

Latest posts

Back