How long should bonding sessions be?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have found that its better to do multiple short sessions at first. Even if things are going well this ensures that you are ending on a good note. If you do longer sessions at first it leaves the opportunity for things to go bad.

Day 2 of bonding. I kept it short. Set a timer for 15 minutes. It was all good. Do I only do one short session a day or a few a day? Increase by how much time each day?

You will have to judge this yourself each time you bond rabbits. More than one time a day should be fine. Just always make sure to end on a good note so they look forward to seeing their new friend and wont make any bad associations with them.

If your rabbits are getting on fine then it is completely ok to let a session continue. Some rabbits need more time while others fall in love at first sight. Mine personally became a little antsy so my sessions went for about 15-20 mins about 2-3 times a day until they were behaved enough to play in the bunny room. I found that feeding them together helped dramatically because they both could feel at ease with each other while eating their favorite veggies, fruits, pellets

Latest posts

Back