How long do I need to watch him after neuter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfinner1

Reaction score
So, one of my two buns is a rescue, and the rescue I got him from has promised to pay for the neuter. I will (hopefully) have the money for it on the 2nd of next month. But, I'm leaving for over a week of vacation on the 15th. I'm not sure how soon I could get him in for an appointment, and I'm not sure how closely I should watch him or for how long after the procedure is done. My SO will be home with the pets, but he's not really a pet person, and I really don't think he would notice if one of the pets was behaving strangely, and I know he would have no clue how to deal with it, besides calling me. Should I just wait to send him in until I get home?

I would. For your peace of mind, more than anything. Neuters are less invasive than spays, so it only takes a few days for most buns to bounce back. But if something goes wrong (infection, stasis, etc.), it can take much longer. For that reason, I'd wait till you get back.

JMVHO

Hope that helps!

Rue

Latest posts

Back