how long can there strave himselves?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miepie

Reaction score
my rabbit didn't want his food. the nieuw pack. he didn't eat that new havest chuncks.
how do i get him eat?

Do your bunny accept to eat other things, just to rule out going into gi stasis?

Did your bunny stop today to eat hay? Have you checked the molars, just to make sure your bunny don’t have spurs which cause pain when eating hay.

Sometimes certain hay will not be accepted, then you will just go out and buy a new one. I’ve gone through it a few times.

Rabbits tend to resist any changes in their pellet food. This is why it is best to slowly transition them from one type of food to another. This is done by mixing some of the old food with some of the new.

If a rabbit stops eating, he'll be in danger of GI stasis (which can kill him). Is he eating plenty of hay? If he is eating lots of hay, then it isn't that big of a deal if he isn't eating his pellet food for now. So be sure he is getting lots of hay. (He should eat his body size in hay every day.)

For a chart showing which types of pellets are healthy and which ones to avoid, check the site here: (generally avoid any food that has colorful stuff added in)
Rabbit Food Comparision - Brand, Type, Nutritional Analysis

Thank you!.
Yes he eat other things and hay but i want him to eat his Meadow Menu Rabbit, again.
bus these food he have been eat for 3years and now it is a new pack, he resist it. i cannot mix these food because it is empty. i buyed the same food . and that he refuse.these food is from Rosewood.

Last edited:
If he used to eat it fine and just now is refusing it with the new pack, there could be something wrong with it. The company may have changed the ingredients so it tastes different and he doesn't like the new taste. Or it could be one of the ingredients in it is bad and may have mold or some other contaminant. In this case you definitely DO NOT want him eating it as it could possibly make him very ill, even to the point of being fatal. It's not common for rabbit food to be contaminated, but it does in fact happen on rare occasions and has been very detrimental to the rabbits that ate the contaminated food.

it is Rosewood meadow menu ! i did 2 kg away. nbut he didn't want these either.
than i nee other grainfree food. Who knows a good one?.

I actually have had to cut my buns off pellets altogether at times when trying to find out what foods work and don't.
I only use oxbow bunny pellets (nothing else in it) and give both bus 1/4 cup for dinner. They don't need more than that.
Otherwise all they get is unlimited hay (which is most of their diet makeup) and a few veggies like Romaine, parsley, mint, kale, blackberry leaves, dandelion to make a few)

i have order new food. and the New medows menu i have left.
oxbow bunny pellets i don't buy. there is wheat in it. and it is not for sale here.
i have $40 waist. i think he is just stubborn. i hope he eats the other foods.
i eat vegetables and hay.

Latest posts

Back