How do you make flavorded balsa blocks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sell similar things on my shop. Put fruit juice (preferably homemade) in a container and soak the balsa in it for a few hours. After it’s been soaking, put it in the oven or a dehydrator for 5-15 minutes on medium to low heat to dry it out - which stops it from moulding

I sell similar things on my shop. Put fruit juice (preferably homemade) in a container and soak the balsa in it for a few hours. After it’s been soaking, put it in the oven or a dehydrator for 5-15 minutes on medium to low heat to dry it out - which stops it from moulding
Idk if you will find this funny, but at first I thought you were the person from the lennon the bunny episode, since you live in London and you have a rabbit named Apollo

And thank you, what's your shops name? I'd like to check it out :)

How do you make your fruit juice? Thanks in advance!! :)

And thank you, what's your shops name? I'd like to check it out :)
Unfortunately, I think it goes against the forum rules to share! But thank you so much!

How do you make your fruit juice? Thanks in advance!! :)
It kind of depends on the fruit, but I generally boil it first, then blend it, then sieve it! Blueberries make different colours when boiled and blended which I found interesting! So I’d definitely boil blueberries as it gives a deep purple! But strawberries get a great colour when blended! You can do the same with veggies too, but blend them rather than boil them! I hope that helps!

Unfortunately, I think it goes against the forum rules to share! But thank you so much!

It kind of depends on the fruit, but I generally boil it first, then blend it, then sieve it! Blueberries make different colours when boiled and blended which I found interesting! So I’d definitely boil blueberries as it gives a deep purple! But strawberries get a great colour when blended! You can do the same with veggies too, but blend them rather than boil them! I hope that helps!
are you based on Etsy?

Idk if you will find this funny, but at first I thought you were the person from the lennon the bunny episode, since you live in London and you have a rabbit named Apollo
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Well this is good to know. Thanks. 😁

Oh, I didn’t see this. Embarrassingly enough, that is true (that I was on house rabbit makeover) 😅

oh so you got your bun a friend? How was lorelei? How's your rabbit now?
I did get a second bunny, yeah. Her name was Athena. She did unfortunately pass away this January - there were loads of potential reasons. But the most likely being one of her previous health conditions from before we adopted her.

Lorelei was fine, she’s a very nice person. But I do regret doing the video because a lot of it was staged and it wasn’t too great on my anxiety. But I’m not going to go into that.

Apollo’s good. He’s a very mellow bunny, he doesn’t have any health problems, he has a really calm personality, aside from the days he decides he no longer wants to be mellow and decides to be a land shark instead.

Also, how did you get on to rabbit house makeovers?
She posted on her Instagram that she was looking for potential people in London who she could do a HRM video with.

I did get a second bunny, yeah. Her name was Athena. She did unfortunately pass away this January - there were loads of potential reasons. But the most likely being one of her previous health conditions from before we adopted her.

Lorelei was fine, she’s a very nice person. But I do regret doing the video because a lot of it was staged and it wasn’t too great on my anxiety. But I’m not going to go into that.

Apollo’s good. He’s a very mellow bunny, he doesn’t have any health problems, he has a really calm personality, aside from the days he decides he no longer wants to be mellow and decides to be a land shark instead.

She posted on her Instagram that she was looking for potential people in London who she could do a HRM video with.
If you dont mind telling me, what parts where staged? Like the part where she said she was going to burn your hutch?

That’s pretty cool. Although the “being staged” part want as nice, that’s pretty awesome that you got to do that!

If you dont mind telling me, what parts where staged? Like the part where she said she was going to burn your hutch?
Hahah no. She really did say that 😂

It was mostly small things. Apollo was free-roam in my room (with the cage as a homebase) before she came to my house, and she put him in the cage to “add drama”. I emailed her before she came (and before I got Apollo) asking if I should get an xpen, and she said that we should do it in the video. I told her all the things I was planning to do to improve but was told it was supposed to all be done in the video. But With that all being said, Im not meaning it as anything against Lorelei at all. I do like her and the awareness that she brings in the rabbit community. And I was aware that she was going to do that but didn’t really think of it at the time or know when she was going to do it. She was also really kind and generous, coming for free to do it, and giving us a lot of small pet select products. But I just think looking back, it’s not something I would’ve done if I actually had thought about it as I do now.

But yeah hahah I’ve kind of clogged up your whole thread, I am so sorry about that

Hahah no. She really did say that 😂

It was mostly small things. Apollo was free-roam in my room (with the cage as a homebase) before she came to my house, and she put him in the cage to “add drama”. I emailed her before she came (and before I got Apollo) asking if I should get an xpen, and she said that we should do it in the video. I told her all the things I was planning to do to improve but was told it was supposed to all be done in the video. But With that all being said, Im not meaning it as anything against Lorelei at all. I do like her and the awareness that she brings in the rabbit community. And I was aware that she was going to do that but didn’t really think of it at the time or know when she was going to do it. She was also really kind and generous, coming for free to do it, and giving us a lot of small pet select products. But I just think looking back, it’s not something I would’ve done if I actually had thought about it as I do now.

But yeah hahah I’ve kind of clogged up your whole thread, I am so sorry about that
That’s fine this is more interesting!

Hey, it's cool. >.> Though this sort of thing would have been better in private message, in my opinion. Anyway, flavored balsa blocks sounds like a plan and I'll give this a try. We just get a dehydrator and made some apple chips with it. The little stinker butts love them. Was gonna use it to make hay cubes with fruit in it, too.

Hey, it's cool. >.> Though this sort of thing would have been better in private message, in my opinion. Anyway, flavored balsa blocks sounds like a plan and I'll give this a try. We just get a dehydrator and made some apple chips with it. The little stinker butts love them. Was gonna use it to make hay cubes with fruit in it, too.
oh sorry :( can you send me your link to the dehydrator? And is it worth the investment? I was planning to get the small pet select play table but would a dehydrator be better?

Latest posts

Back