How do you handle set backs and keep staying positive

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I travelled by boat for a longer time once, it was a three days trip to an island. I spent most of my time up on the bunk bed and only stuck with eating light meals.

Because I didn’t like the boat trip we took the airplane back. That was also scary the runway was short so it was quite a steep take off. But we was lucky because we flew over the tropical hurricane. The place we stayed at was unreconcilable the day after we left. We had no idea a tropical storm was going to strike.

Everytime my mom want to do a boat trip, I run the other way. I’m not doing long trips on boat again 😂
Oh my god if I had to fly over a hurricane I probably would have had an anxiety attack. That goodness you got out in time! I wouldn't do boat trips, no matter how tempting it is. It's sad because they show those cruise commercials and they look soooooo fun but my brain is saying "don't you remember last time you were on a boat? You puked and laid down the entire time". And that was back when I was 10 years old!

Oh my god if I had to fly over a hurricane I probably would have had an anxiety attack. That goodness you got out in time! I wouldn't do boat trips, no matter how tempting it is. It's sad because they show those cruise commercials and they look soooooo fun but my brain is saying "don't you remember last time you were on a boat? You puked and laid down the entire time". And that was back when I was 10 years old!

I also know that feeling, you can’t help being tempted to do a cruise trip when you see everything. It seem quite fun and might be a experience. But who want to push your luck 😂

What I try to do to stay positive is go out to nature and plant some fresh veggies or just go out for a walk in my backyard and look up and the sky. I feel that when you go out to nature it really does help to ease the mind from negative thoughts or the feeling of being unmotivated. I am too out of work due to covid19. I always remind myself that I am not alone in this. In February it was really rough for me finding out bad news about a loved one and having to go through this feeling of pain, mourning and sorrow all alone. When I adopted Peneloppy she has helped a lot emotionally physically and mentally because while I was still feeling all those emotions she has helped keep me busy and moving on my feet. I’d say find things that make you happy, or learning new things that interest you and just know that everything will be okay one day at a time and that it’s okay to sometimes feel those emotions because we all do if you’re feeling stress, meditation always help or going out for a walk even exercising and listening to calm music helps :) I hope that helped you!🙂

I tried planting veggies outdoor but they was killed by the frost and snow fall that came during may 😂

I also enjoy the nature, maybe should go out more and calm down. I have quite good nature around me and a lot of animals that live wild but also normal cattles that walk in a few nature reserve.

I know a walk that go around the lake, it’s only 6 miles and take around 2 hours to walk around. The lake have a few beavers, just not managed to see them yet but I hope I will see one. I have been doing the walk going up to the castle and walking through the nature reserve.

The lake is just large river that lead to two larger lakes.

Thanks for your tips and I’ll try to see if one will work good with me ☺️

Attachments

• 489345E4-0C1E-42C8-B1B6-007B48C9D01E.jpeg
    489345E4-0C1E-42C8-B1B6-007B48C9D01E.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 1
Hi everyone 🐰

Just as the title ask I wonder how you handle set backs and trying to stay positive when life feel a bit hard. You can skip reading from here and just answer the question if you want to ☺

Myself have started to feel a bit suffocating with every day life and I’m quite tired putting up a front of being strong and can handle everything.

I had to back down from working because I would take care of covid-19 patient but my health aren’t up for that. So I choiced to tell my boss I can’t work, while I still don’t know what the problem with my health is.

I’m going to go to a cardic speciallist for a check up and see if they can find the reason. Myself was hoping it was just the same problem it had been before which would have been easy to fix, that would just regulate my medicines.

I can handle always feeling tired and that my memory aren’t up on top because of the normal exhaustion, I’ve learned to handle it.

I put all my focus on Odin and Toste, just to distract my mind and find a bit of escape from the daily stress from my university studies and work. I truly look forward when I can pick up the new baby girl.

But some days I just feel a bit annoyed with them and won’t spend a lot of time with them. Just because I feel extra tired and sleep away my days. At least I make sure to keep their area cleaned, that they have toys and branches to chew. Odin don’t really care he will binky and do zoomies whenever he wants and Toste have started to be more tough. He have started to seek for attention from the rest of the family and have become my little shadow in the house following me around. Today was the first time I have seen Toste do zoomies indoors and he have also started to give me a few kisses. So he have done huge steps towards trusting humans and building his bond towards me.

Yet, when I saw a person nearby looking for a neutered buck for her spayed doe, I still had the thought of giving Toste up. Because I start to doubt if I give everything they need.

I didn’t reach out to that person because Toste need veterinary care, his snuffles refuses to go away and he might have gotten mites. Which would explain him scratching the ears and losing a bit of fur. I’m taking him to the vet tomorrow morning and hope he will get a treatment that will help.

I know these thoughts kick in when I feel down and I feel too exhausted to care for the bunnies. I never neglect my bunnies and they are happy with their everyday life.

So what do you do when you feel a bit down and have a bit of trouble pulling yourself back up again. What I usually do don’t work, so I need to find another way ☺
I have had some hardships over the years. We all do. The last few months have been hard but not terrible. Here are my suggestions.

1. Put inspiring words and things in your home and environment. There is a lot of free wall art you can print out. My daughter made a dollar tree art from items at dollar tree.
2. Listen to uplifting music, audiobooks and podcasts.
3. Avoid listening and reading news. It can make you upset especially if it is political. It can also be a downer. There is a man who was on the show the Office. He started a youtube channel during covid as positive only news. I believe he posts once a week.
4. Get sun. Get outdoors.
5. If possible go barefoot outdoors, touching the earth and going outside first thing if possible.
6. Find religion...I changed and am 42. Deepen your prayer and religious life.
7. Get involved. Connect with people. Join groups, bookclubs, go for coffee etc.
8. If needed go to the doctor and/or a counselor. You could have depression or need to deal with heartache from the past or now.

Hope life gets a bit better and you will feel more like yourself soon.

Attachments

• 15904133428247054643004517820077.jpg
    15904133428247054643004517820077.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
I've had some medical/surgery stuff going on in my life since early January. The COVID stuff has been pretty surreal for me, since I haven't been getting out that much.

For me, I focus on getting better, keeping myself strong & healthy, and surround myself with good/supportive people (and rabbits).

I can't work out now, but the gym has always been a big part of my life and helps attenuate mood/focus.

I tried to bake a bit and found it relaxing, so I picked up that hobby but then I ended up with a few pies and brownies with no one to eat them.

I gave it away to my best friend and filled her freezer with brownies and she got one key lime pie. My parents weren’t that happy with the extra sweets to eat and my little brother blame me for the new pimples he got. So I’m banned from baking any sweets to my family and my best friend will be spending her time with her parents. So I can’t shove the sweets to her 😅

I’m only allowed to bake during special occasion now.

I’ll just wait until the lavender start to grow and I’ll try to do a lavender ice cream when no one is home. While trying to eat all the cinnamon buns in the freezer to make space for my ice cream.

I have been trying to handle the mental fatigue I always feel but it’s not going that great. But at least heading to a better directions. Just one more exam and two more essays before I get a break from my university studies ☺️

Latest posts

Back