How do you find a rabbit groomer/vet?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My new German angora needs to be clipped, and I'm having a really hard time finding someone to do it.

I plan to clip him myself in the future, but I'd like to see how it's done, and he won't ever be THIS fluffy again (he has some matted parts too) so I want someone with experience to do it.

I took him to a so-called rabbit savvy vet, who said he'd need to be fully sedated and it would take at least an hour to clip him. I won't be going back there, but I'm worried this is what most vets will say.

What sort of questions should I be asking a vet before I book an appointment? Is there such a thing as a rabbit groomer?

Advice of any kind welcome. My boy keeps getting his wool stuck in his mouth when he eats, but he won't let me trim his chin, so I'm quite concerned.

Honestly I would try to look for an angora breeder near you and ask if they can show you how to clip them. Those would be the people with the most experience clipping angoras, and a reputable breeder should be more than happy to help teach people imo. What about the breeder you bought him from?

Honestly I would try to look for an angora breeder near you and ask if they can show you how to clip them. Those would be the people with the most experience clipping angoras, and a reputable breeder should be more than happy to help teach people imo. What about the breeder you bought him from?
That's a good idea, thank you! He was given to me by someone who didn't realise how much work rabbits are, so I don't know where he came from originally. I'll have a Google, see who I can find.

Latest posts

Back