how do you clip the back nails?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovepets

Reaction score
clipping Snickers nails on here back feet are always a problem. since she was a few months old, i have always touched her feet a lot. this has mostly helped with clipping the front nails because she (usually) just sits there and i clip her front nails, though sometimes she pulls them back and we try the next day and usually succeed. for here back ones i do the same but because of all the fur, i can only clip the 2 outer nails on each foot. my mom usually holds her while i clip the back nails, but she squirms and sometimes nips. i want to put her on here back, but i don't know how to get her on her back and i am afraid of hurting her. how do you clip your bun back feet/ how do you put them on their back?

thanks

The technique demonstrated in this video works well. Although the rabbit, Skyler, in the video seems very calm, I assure you he is really is not calm, at all. Your mom can hold the rabbit as is shown in the video then you can clip the nails using the "squeeze squeeze clip" method. Some rabbits will trance on their backs and others never will. Skyler won't trance for anybody at any time.

Here's the video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyxQRoAhcw&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL1EFABD8F94D5E104[/ame]

Excellent video! I'll have to give this technique a try too, because Jovi is not very compliant about getting her nails done at all.

thank you for the video Flick :) i will have to try the on her back method because i know she does not like being 'held' like the one in the video. she has had he nails clipped when she was on her back before with someone else and she was fine, she just needed to be pet on the head a little to stop squirming

Love that video, I'll have to try that for Bandit's back paws next time, I do find them troublesome but this should be an easier method hopefully. :)

I'm glad y'all have found the video useful. It's important to hold your rabbit the way you and your rabbit are most comfortable. The video is just a suggestion. The "squeeze squeeze clip" method is, I think, the most important part of the video. It really does reduce the chance of cutting into the quick.

Latest posts

Back