How do you clip rabbit nails ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
How do you clip rabbit nails ? I've clipped guinea pigs nails and have nail clippers for them but I've never done rabbit x

From another thread. I pay the rabbit-savvy groomer down the street $10, myself.... not worth the blood loss and held grudges...

I'd suggest following this video precisely. I've had several difficult buns. When I first watched this video, I thought "no way will this work." But I was (thankfully) wrong. Watch it over several times. Get the details...
tall table, how she pulls the rabbit in, jiggling the back foot, doing the press, press, clip thing... do it all just as she describes. It can work!

The lady in the video came up with this method when she volunteered at a rescue and had to find a way to clip those nails by herself without any help. And these were with rabbits that didn't know her.

(Treats can help with some rabbits. Mine ignored any favorite treat during nail trimming.)

Hey I'd say he enjoyed having his nails clipped , they were really long and he fell asleep while I was clipping them and now he's very happy binkying and running around !

Oh yay!

After a few times, Lawrence almost enjoys his nails being cut, while Lucas will hold a grudge for at least a few hours. It's amazing the range of bunny personalities!

Glad that the post from @Blue eyes helped, though!
Yes ! He's so happy and naughty lol x
He won't let me do his back ones though xx

Latest posts

Back