How do you celebrate Christmas?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wondering how y'all celebrate Christmas and what are some fun traditions y'all have! Also, what is your favorite Christmas memory?

We celebrate christmas on the 24th, when the typical christmas program about donald duck and his friends start on the tv (15:00) it’s the time to eat while the tv is on.

Have been like that ever since I was a small kid.

I hate eating pickled herring and still don’t like eating it but it’s tradition to eat it on christmas...

My family dosen’t really celebrate real christmas how it’s supposed to do. We have the typical christmas table with ham, pickled herring, meat balls, potatoes, spare ribs and sausage and a bit more food.

We have the christmas tree, typical alcohol and julmust ( a special soda you drink for christmas and also on easter but then it’s called påskmust)

Never had the santa come as a kid after I got extremely scared by the santa my dad’s friend pretended to be.

Truly left a trauma, which person thinks it’s a great idea to have different sizes of hands and arms while playing santa to young kids...

Don’t have any favorite Christmas memory, can’t really remember any special christmas. Maybe it’s becuase as a kid, there where a lot of rules. You had to dress up, avoid being in the kitchen and avoid when my mother got angry otherwise my mom would yell at me or chase me and my little brother around the house.

We always had to film the christmas celebration with a camera and take a lot of pictures.

One funny memory was when Odin spent the first christmas with my family.

Odin jumped up on the couch and peed on my brother cheek and shoulder. Then he ran to me and cuddled up in my arms to sleep. Like he pretended he did nothing wrong and was innocent

Lol! I loved your funny memory!

One tradition that we have is on Christmas Eve we go to a really nice hibachi grill where the cooks cook the food in front of you. It is always really cool when they do a huge fire right in front of your face! When we get home from dinner we open some gifts and then watch "It's a Wonderful Life."

We celebrate Christmas with the normal food (and I always demand to have mashed potatoes) on Christmas night. We will sometimes have guests over if they aren't going anywhere for Christmas. Oh, and we also take tons of videos and pictures!

I don't know what my favorite Christmas memory is, but one Christmas I can never forget was the last Christmas in our old house. I went into our basement and my Christmas gift was down there, yeah bummer. Well, at least it was what I wanted!

One funny memory was when we were little. We were at the hibachi grill and they lit the huge fire! My sister got so scared she jumped out of her seat and ran away with her plate!

I don't. Hate consumerism and Christmas is all about selling stuff and eating food this really turns me off. I am not that religious either so won't be going to mass. Won't be pushing my rabbits to celebrate it as well. But I said Happy Christmas to a delivery man last morning it is nice that people are happy because of they had a chance to spend some money on presents and got enough food to feed their family.

This year christmas picture of my bunnies, they got a bit of banana and a salad bowl as celebration.

03C9E083-10BA-4BC9-84A4-223A0A0F6B94.jpg

Truly hard taking a picture of them, the only calm one is Lilja (the blue lop) and Odin just think it’s a great time to molt. Spreading his fur everywhere.

Hopes everyone will have a great Holiday if you have some :)

We celebrate Saturnalia with treats for the bunny and dogs and birds and do gift exchanges and a nice prime rib dinner. The census called for by Herod was in the spring time and no one traveled in the Winter--The Romans were the first to build paved roads so they could move troops in the Winter. Same reasons the Electoral College was put into place--travel was very hard in the Winter mud and snow. We also have several seasonal movies we watch at this time every year.

My parents host a party every year a couple days beforehand, so I always help out a bit with that and dress up for it. On Christmas Eve, my parents always go to church in the evening - I'm not religious but usually go just as a kind way to support them. Past couple years I have been spending part of Christmas with my boyfriend's family though, so I haven't been going to the church service. Christmas morning it's always been that we open presents at my parents' house and I always enjoy digging through my stocking for chocolates and small things like nice pens, lip gloss, etc. The past two years we have spent the morning with my boyfriend's parents and come over to my parents around noon to do some presents since my mom always cooks a Christmas 'dinner' (1-2 pm lol) with ham and sides. We often have some family time playing games after, such as Catan.

I've tried to work on spending money on gifts more mindfully - my friends and I have scaled back our budgets for each other which I'm pleased about, and I try to truly get something I think the person could enjoy and use, rather than trying to meet a certain dollar amount. For me, Christmas is more about thoughtful gestures and time spent with loved ones. I love the meals together, the ambiance of the tree, the beautiful lights, the meaningful movies, the games, the laughter..

This Christmas, a funny and really sweet thing happened. I had commented / lightly complained a few times about my boyfriend's towels (they are rough and old and could be replaced - on some, the tag has all but disintegrated) and had offered to buy some. He had then found a brand online with really good reviews to hopefully last longer (apparently the ones I offered to buy are the same he has that are now super bleh and sad), but were marked with higher prices to reflect the quality. When I asked about the verdict a week later, he said he wanted to wait until the spring after our finances had recovered a bit from the holidays. Totally fair!

Well during the night on Christmas Eve, he goes into the bathroom and is just... in there. For like a solid 10-15 minutes it seemed. I was asleep but I heard him get up and I had enough functioning brain cells to note that I never heard a flush and for a half moment ponder if maybe he was plunging the toilet or something, haha. Too asleep to properly wonder much beyond that, I went back to sleep. Well, in the morning when I went in there, it turned out he had bought a set of the gorgeous, luxurious new soft towels, had already washed and dried them while I was gone the day before, and had set them up in the bathroom for me to see on Christmas morning. He was sitting in bed waiting for my reaction when I came out.

First I blubbered about him being a sneaky little a**hole and then full on cried. It was so incredibly sweet of him. He laughed at my ridiculous emotions but I think he liked it. :p

That is probably my current favorite memory.

The end.

PS - if you need new towels, these are really nice!

Latest posts

Back