how do i track my rabbits ear tattoo?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Out of this world bunnies

Reaction score
my french lop has a tattoo in her ear and i was wondering if i could track her tattoo and see what comes up! but i can't figure out how to do it.

I'd be really curious to see some ear tattoo pics myself! Foxwell has a weird little blue line inside one ear that I wonder if it's a tattoo or a strange scar or maybe something to mark him as chipped and neutered... I'd certainly be interested to know for sure!

I'd be really curious to see some ear tattoo pics myself! Foxwell has a weird little blue line inside one ear that I wonder if it's a tattoo or a strange scar or maybe something to mark him as chipped and neutered... I'd certainly be interested to know for sure!
my rabbits tattoo is a serial number of some sorts, i would really love to know what it is for.

Serial numbers in the ear are used to identify who the rabbit is for showing and breeding purposes, according to my research. Although, there could be a different use for it in this case.

There's no good way to track the ear tattoos. Each breeder has their own system for numbering. Your best bet would be to find a community of breeders for that specific page (such as a facebook group, they have one for almost any breed) and ask if anybody recognizes the tattoo.

There's no good way to track the ear tattoos. Each breeder has their own system for numbering. Your best bet would be to find a community of breeders for that specific page (such as a facebook group, they have one for almost any breed) and ask if anybody recognizes the tattoo.
i didn't get her directly from her breeder, i bought her from someone (whom had been obviously neglecting her and lied about her condition when i bought her) who bought her from out of state. i have tracked down the breeder but i don't remember if i saw any contact info on the breeder tracking website thing.

Latest posts

Back