Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xylo

Reaction score
My 4 month old bunny keeps peeing on my pillows, I'm really confused as she's spayed which I thought would stop marking,
She's totally free roam, I don't have a cage for her, and I can't afford one
She normally sleeps on my bed at night on one pillow while I sleep on the other, she'll be fine for two or three nights then randomly pee on the pillows!
She never pees outside her litter box other than on my pillows
I've been using an enzyme urine spray to remove the urine, but it doesn't seem to be helping, is there any way I can stop her peeing on the bed at night? I want her to be able to sleep on it if she wants to, but I can't afford to constantly wash my pillows and sheets!
She also tends to honk and circle my feet when she's excited/wants attention, and shes been really intensely digging at blankets, and even acts aggressive twords them (she grunts and bites at them).
Her spay was about a month ago but she still seems to have hormonal behaviors, is there anything I can do?

Exactly how recent was her spay? Spays typically are not done until 4 months of age. Was she spayed, then, at 3 months of age?

Since she was in the habit of peeing on the pillows before her spay, it's likely that the pillows still have the odor (at least to where she can still smell it). They tend to repeat those habits. And soft places are often a huge temptation for rabbits to pee on.

You may need to remove pillows altogether for awhile to break her of the habit. Then gradually replace them with new ones. It may work. It may not. :(

The honking and circling (and peeing) sounds hormonal. That's why I wonder how recent was her spay.

Exactly how recent was her spay? Spays typically are not done until 4 months of age. Was she spayed, then, at 3 months of age?

Since she was in the habit of peeing on the pillows before her spay, it's likely that the pillows still have the odor (at least to where she can still smell it). They tend to repeat those habits. And soft places are often a huge temptation for rabbits to pee on.

You may need to remove pillows altogether for awhile to break her of the habit. Then gradually replace them with new ones. It may work. It may not. :(

The honking and circling (and peeing) sounds hormonal. That's why I wonder how recent was her spay.

She was spayed at the end of November, just before she hit 4 months old. My vets said it would be fine to spay her early
I got new pillows and she peed on them! I'll try removing them for a time though! Thank you!

Latest posts

Back