How do I know if my bunny broke his leg?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepsi

Reaction score
I got my bunny a week ago and it's my first one, so I don't know much...:( I was holding my bunny while standing up and he suddenly jumped out of my arms, he seems okay but I'm just a little bit worried that he might've broken his leg because it was pretty high...:(Again, I don't know much about rabbits as this is my first one so I'm sorry and thank you in advance...

If it's dangling or at an abnormal angle it's broken. If it's not dangling or at an abnormal angle but he's limping and/or he won't put weight on the leg, it may be just a sore muscle or it could still be a break. If you suspect a broken bone or other serious injury, you will need to take your rabbit to be seen by an experienced rabbit vet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...d5YFrz1oq5F6iiUTg0gICyuINwXRt1Q3xqA4vgU#gid=0

I got my bunny a week ago and it's my first one, so I don't know much...:( I was holding my bunny while standing up and he suddenly jumped out of my arms, he seems okay but I'm just a little bit worried that he might've broken his leg because it was pretty high...:(Again, I don't know much about rabbits as this is my first one so I'm sorry and thank you in advance...

Please educate yourself. Please. Welcome to bunny parenting! There are just so many things different with these guys than other pets. I’ve had buns forever and still learn new things all the time. Feeding structure and what they eat and how much is critical. GO stasis happens often and bunnies can go down hill fast. I agree with the poster above. See if it’s dangling or if he will put weight on it.
Remember they are prey animals so lifting them off the ground is not a great idea unless you and your bun are extremely comfortable with each other. Sit on a couch or chair or something if you want to hold them. [emoji4]
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back