How do I get my bunny to go into his bunny bed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBG

Reaction score
I recently purchased a bunny bed (lambs-wool lined) from Dr Foster-Smith. It looks quite comfortable, but my 10+ yr old bunny sniffs it, but won't go into it. If I place him in it, he jumps out.

Any suggestions to how I can get him to go into and stay in it?

Thanks!

:?
JBG

Your bunny might not be interested in the bed. I've offered my rabbits throw rugs to lay on and they will often bunch them up. A couple of my rabbits like to lay on top of the cage in their pens. I placed a rug or blanket on top for their comfort as well as safety. They seem to like it there.

None of my buns will use anything we give them in the cage, however if we leave it out on the floor, sooner or later they'll lay on it. Hubby went as far as leaving one of his fleece shirt on top of the bed so Sebastian will recognize his smell and lay on it.

I wouldnt stress out about it. From what I have seen rabbits just dont seem to be that into comfortable beds. Lulu has a cute pink one she hops everyonce and a while and ruffles around, but she never sleeps there.

Poor little guys, they dont know what they are missing. :)

My only suggestion to lure a bun in would be food!

My bunny Lopsy loves a fluffy blue little mat, which was actually a cushion cover. he often lies on it, it's very cute. Lulu however is not interested in anything like that at all, and will only lie down next to a wall or other solid object.

Neither of them care about the igloo thing that I got them... they want to stretch out when they lie down I guess.

I got one for my last bun, who is now deceased. She wanted nothing to do with it really. Once in awhile, she'd clean in it.

Only thing you can do is put stuff in it that smells like her. Loose fur, loose hay, toys...;)

A lot of bunnies just prefer sleeping on the hard ground! I have beds and fleece for my bun and he likes to walk on them, but pushes them all away to sleep on the cold floor. Buns definitely have their preferences!

GREAT NEWS... My husband found quite a bit of poopies in the bunny bed last night. We figured the bunny slept in the bed or thought the bed was another litter box :biggrin2:.

Well, this morning I found the bunny sleeping in the bed. He was so adorable. I wanted to take a picture, but the camera was in his room and I didn't want to disturb him. It appears that he really likes the bed now. I hope he continues to use it.

Thanks for all your replies.

:bunnydance:

JBG wrote:
GREAT NEWS... My husband found quite a bit of poopies in the bunny bed last night. We figured the bunny slept in the bed or thought the bed was another litter box :biggrin2:.

Well, this morning I found the bunny sleeping in the bed. He was so adorable. I wanted to take a picture, but the camera was in his room and I didn't want to disturb him. It appears that he really likes the bed now. I hope he continues to use it.

Thanks for all your replies.

:bunnydance:
Aww, that is adorable! Now, pics are a must or we'll fly you to the moon:p. Try and get some, I know it's not easy to get the good 'ens.;)

Latest posts

Back