How do I bond bunnies ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbiemybunny

Reaction score
I'm looking into getting another bunny to bond wit Robbie , an older boy . How do I bond them? X

Is Robbie neutered? I would not get a buck since male rabbits will not normally bond. I would suggest getting a spayed female from a local rescue. Possibly you could take Robbie to bunny dating where he will be able to choose the bunny who he likes which would make bonding go easier.
Some videos on bonding: Here, here, and here!

Male rabbits will bond just fine, if they decide that they want to get along. The process might be long though, and the bond would take longer to solidify.
I bonded my boys all through fall and then were hurried to move back because of cold weathers, and then they had a big-bum dispute over who had the territory back here, so they are separate now, but they indeed had a good bond.
Despite that, i do agree that going to a bunny shelter and setting up some playdates to determine a possible bondmate would be much better if you have the option to do so.

Is Robbie neutered? I would not get a buck since male rabbits will not normally bond. I would suggest getting a spayed female from a local rescue. Possibly you could take Robbie to bunny dating where he will be able to choose the bunny who he likes which would make bonding go easier.
Some videos on bonding: Here, here, and here!
Okay thanks ! He's neutered . And thank you !! X

Male rabbits will bond just fine, if they decide that they want to get along. The process might be long though, and the bond would take longer to solidify.
I bonded my boys all through fall and then were hurried to move back because of cold weathers, and then they had a big-bum dispute over who had the territory back here, so they are separate now, but they indeed had a good bond.
Despite that, i do agree that going to a bunny shelter and setting up some playdates to determine a possible bondmate would be much better if you have the option to do so.
Ohh okay. I might get a girl instead of a boy .

Hi I've decided to get him a friend once I've moved because the entire house is his territory.

Bonding can be complex, especially when other rabbits are present that are not part of the bonding.

Could you clarify the rabbit situation that you'll be dealing with when/if you look for a bondmate for Robbie? It seems like we're not getting the complete picture.

I see you've mentioned two rabbits just a few weeks ago, Spud & Spinach. Then, of course, there is your avatar-named bunny, Robbie who is neutered but not vaccinated and 1 year old. And recently you mentioned another rabbit, female, intact that you previously thought was a boy and had been 'squealing.'

It sounds like 4 rabbits? You've mentioned having had rabbits for around 4 years as well. Could you clarify the number, ages, sex, and bonding status of your current rabbits? All of that can affect how to go about bonding any that are not currently bonded.

Bonding can be complex, especially when other rabbits are present that are not part of the bonding.

Could you clarify the rabbit situation that you'll be dealing with when/if you look for a bondmate for Robbie? It seems like we're not getting the complete picture.

I see you've mentioned two rabbits just a few weeks ago, Spud & Spinach. Then, of course, there is your avatar-named bunny, Robbie who is neutered but not vaccinated and 1 year old. And recently you mentioned another rabbit, female, intact that you previously thought was a boy and had been 'squealing.'

It sounds like 4 rabbits? You've mentioned having had rabbits for around 4 years as well. Could you clarify the number, ages, sex, and bonding status of your current rabbits? All of that can affect how to go about bonding any that are not currently bonded.
Spud and spinach are guenia pigs I think

Oops I made a mistake . Spud and spinach are my guinea pigs . I have 3 rabbits , bandit who is a girl 1 year old , Oreo a boy who is 8-9 months and Robbie of course who is a neutered boy .

Latest posts

Back