How did you get into shows?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumble Bunny

Reaction score
Hi there! I've always wanted to take part in rabbit shows, but I've never had the means or info on how to get my foot in the door. I know the obvious info, such as needing a pedigree rabbit and such, but I'm more so curious on how one would go about entering show life? I'd rather hear it from people who have done it than just google, haha.

Any tips or advice is more than welcome. :)

Thanks!

You don't need a pedigreed rabbit to show. Just a purebred one ; ) (however most quality purebred rabbits come with pedigrees. They usually show good record keeping, and most breeders that do well have good record keeping.). My advice would just be to go to a show and check it out, try to find experienced breeders of your breed to talk to. arba.net has a listing of all the shows in US/canada and you can contact the club for further information about when and where it is. If you have any more specific questions I'd be happy to answer them, I've been showing for quite some time (I'm a judge) One piece of advice I will give though is to NOT buy young baby rabbits when you are new to showing. They change a lot as they grow and its hard to tell what they'll grow up like when they're young, even for experienced breeders. It's better to spend a bit extra and buy older stock to start showing (6+months for most breeds, some with big heads like hollands and dwarfs can take a bit longer to mature).

Last edited:
I started showing in FFA my senior year in high school and once I found my tans I was hooked with them. I second going to a show and just looking around. Your state should have its own rabbit association with show information. If not then ARBA would be the next best place. There are also Facebook groups to join as well. Shows are really fun and rabbits were such a great experience for me to love and learn about.

Finding a breed you enjoy and people you like showing with is very important so look around and talk to breeders! (Try not to talk when they are showing but you can definitely watch the breed shows and talk to them after)

Latest posts

Back