How did you choose your rabbit's name?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
We're starting to think about ourlittle baby who we will collect at the end of April, and obviouslywe're starting to suggest names. I say to wait tillwe see him though, as I know that when we collected Felix the name wehad chosen, Lupin, just didn't suit him !

My rabbits usually have Camelot Typenames....such as Gwenivere, Arthur, Nimue (Nim-a-way-, not Nim-une asmost people pronounce it), Morgaine, and Merlin. My other pets are allrescues so they alreayd come with names such as Cedric, Simon, Benji,Jasmine, Benny, Patches, Aerion, Fae, and Xander.

~Amy+Nimue~

You should definitely wait until you seehim. It will come to you. Make sure of the sexbefore you name it!

My husband named our first rabbit Mr. Snuggles, then the vet told us "he" was a girl, so we dropped the "Mr".

We couldn't decide on a name for our little Holland Lop. Wejust kept calling her "little baby" and it stuck. It's just"Baby" now.

Laura

bi1526 wrote:
Youshould definitely wait until you see him. It will come toyou. Make sure of the sex before you nameit!

Ya i had the same problem! I got a flemish and the breeder told me thathe was a "she" so I named "her" Nimue, which means "lady of the lake",then we took "her" to the vet and she told us that "she" was a he...bythat time I had Nimue for a couple of months and I tried changing thename but i just kept calling him Nimue....so now we callhim"Mr. Nim" Or just "Nim"

~Amy+Nimue~

Lenci's full name is Valencia. Iadopted her on Valentine's Day. Her original name was Cherub,which is now her middle name.

Iszy's full name is Iszabel. Jason and I just took one lookat her and she looked like an Iszy, so that's why we named herthat. :)

It took my husband and I a good week to name bothAbby and Valuran. I rescued Chompers, re-naming him from Spaz toChompers because I didn't really care for the first name. Chompers justseemed to fit for some reason, plus I thought it was a cute, funnyname.

As far as Abby, we really couldn't decide or agree on anything. It camedown to Molly or Abby and Abby just stuck. Valuran is a Mini Rex withfur like velvet. We originally named him Valura, because we were toldhe was a she. Lo and behold, that was wrong. :p My good friendsuggested adding an "n" to it to make it masculine.

My son was studying Greece in school. Heasked if we could name our doe Athena. He saw the most beautiful statueof her and wanted that name. He wated a Greek name for the buck so wefound the name Apollo. We like the Greek names so our new babies aregoing to be Adara, Damara, and Atlas.

Tina

My daughter named our first bunnie. He had several names at first, but we decided on Benji.

Our next bunnie we named Brindle before we even got out of thepet store parking lot. She's white and has markings that are brindle.

Copper was a little rex that we also brought home from a petstore. He was named for his coloring. Unfortunately Copper was a verysick little bunnie and croosed the Bride shortly after coming to livewith us.

We got S'more from the shelter. She already had her name. She'sa brown and white dutch and her appearance makes her name a good fit.She kind of looks like a s'more.

MooShu is S'mores baby and was brought into the shelter withS'more. We named her on the way home. I guess we were thinking of themovie Mulan. Either that or we were hungry for Chinese food.

We got Chippy from the pet store shortly after my wife's motherpassed away. We had first named her Nana, but then changed it to mymother-in-law's nickname of "Chippy".

Our most recent addition is Binkie. She just looked like a "Binkie" to us.

If we get another one we'll have to name her after the model of the Chevy that Buck found her under....

yeah i'd say wait too! i was gonna name CinnamenDasiy Mae but then once i saw her she didnt look like no Dasiy Mae...kinda wish i did though because then she would have the same name asNick Lachey and Jessica Simpson's little dog! LOL (my FAV celb couple!i love them! LOL)

My mom just came up with thename Nepo. I almost named him Bugs Bunny :pbecause he kind oflooked like him and he almost got the name Nemo:)

When I first got Miffy about 1 week ago, we firstthought about Bugs but that did not fit her. My hubby is fromHolland and his family sends over toys and such,therearethesebunniesthatarecoming to the US namedNintje and his pal Miffy, and Miffy fit great. That and thegirls said ok to it.

Wow looks like a lot of us had the same problem.

My sister and I bought two buns from an pet store. They told us thatthey were "girls" so when we took them home I made the mistake ofsaying what I thought that I was going to name my rabbit, Fluffy. Thenmy sister said no I'm going to name mine Fluffy, yours can be Fluffy#2. So I just desided that I would name my rabbit Flopsy because of hislop ear.

Then one day we took the two "girls" to the vet to find out that our baby girls were actually baby boys.

And I almost dicided to call Flopsy, Luna. Seem like a good thing that I name Flopsy, Flopsy eh?

-Ashley

Cosmo: Greek namemeaning "the universe, order"

however my friends like to think I named him that after the drink andthe magazine! Cosmo is, indeed, my entire universe!

-Vanessa

Lol, it seems that a lot of people got told thewrong gender of their rabbits, luckily, both of mine weregiven the right gender when i got them

Russel got his name because of a stupid reason really, the main food weuse is called 'Russel Rabbit' and the bowl we bought for him saidrussel on it so i thats what i called him. I'm glad i did coz that namereally suits him now.

Roxy got her name as i was searching the internet for names and i justdecided that was the one for her! And i still think it suits her, shesgorgeous.

Leanne :)

I had a rabbit named Scruggs. I got him when mydad was out of town and i knew that he wouldent like him all that much.He dose however love blugrass music and Eral Scruggs is one of hisfavirots. I dont like blugrass all that much but thought Scruggs was acute name so i named the rabbit that so dad would be more acepting.

It took us a few weeks to come up withPEBBLES. The vet first called her LOLA, and thestaff still calls her that when we bring her in. We likedJoJo because that was the vet's name. We also liked CoCobecause of the puffs she left around the house, but ourfriend's bunny already had that name. So.... wefinally came up with Pebbles because of her droppings, and she was socute.....like the FLINTSTONES baby girl.Yabba Daba Do!

P.S. She is litter trained.

Rainbows! :D

Both my boys' parents had food names so when we were naming the 18 babies, we named them all after food too.

Well Mocha got his name because he was a tan color when I got him. I initially was calling him Caramel but it just didn't fit!

Spice was named by me and my friend together. He had an identical twinsister (we couldn't tell them apart at all) so we dicided Sugar& Spice was quite appropriate as they are both white with brownspots.

Maggie's first name was Abbigail...or Abby...but, I didn't like it, so I changed it to Maggie. lol.

Peppy is named after the rabbit on StarFox (nintendo game)

And Samson is a biblical character who once was a hero but turned eviland was sent to hell. (sounds just like my bunny doesn't it? :p)

Latest posts

Back