How cold is too cold.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBandus

Reaction score
We have a 9 week old mini lop, tonight it’s supposed to cold (-4 I believe) will that be too cold for him outside or shall we bring him inside?

His bedroom area of his hutch it’s 3/4 full of straw and he has a hitch cover on which will be closed down.

I am a bit of a worrier and I do worry about him being outside.

Personally I would bring him in until the weather improves. He is still very young and at 9 weeks he is just like one week separated from his mama and siblings imagine how cold and scary it could be for him to stay outside in the night and when it is -4.

Well I wouldn't keep a single baby rabbit outdoors in a hutch to be honest, I would generally agree with this video about keeping rabbits in outdoor hutches, especially this is still a very young rabbit and he will be all alone.

He’s free roam and only goes into his bedroom to sleep at night.

I personally know people who lost their two young girls who were housed in patio hutch, they were safe in the night but there were some cats or other night creatures screaming outside and they heard that, girls were fully protected but they just got scared and one died that night, the other one was also dead scared and passed next day. They were very much loved young girls and just a couple months after their neutering surgery their people took a very good care of them and they were totally heartbroken, they rushed them to a vet hospital immediately after they heard that but they were unable to save them.

Hutch was the wrong description to use for his house.

Latest posts

Back