How can they translate so wrong šŸ¤£

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermelin

Reaction score
I was just checking on amazon on bunny things but I think amazon missed the whole translation part. They have just opened up for swedish market.

I would think a large comapny would at least check the names of the products. But I will keep on supporting the small local markets instead. Than buy items from amazon.

For example pellets: Timothy pellets with lion teeth and torns. I had no idea that bunnies had such a weird diet (itā€™s the name of burgess pellets brands). We can top it with the compressed timothy hay bedclothes. So they have started to make bedclothes of hay, it will be a bit hard keeping them safe when you have bunnies šŸ¤£

I canā€™t help to laugh what I am reading, it would been better they just went with english names.

I can say they have a lot to work with, if I search for rabbit food I get cat food šŸ¤£

I think they should of used google translate and they wouldnā€™t get so much wrong with the translation as they have now.

Because they got lion teeth from dandelions which is ā€maskrosā€ in swedish and torns is supposed to be (ringblomma eng. marigold).

So you get the picture of how bad the names of the products are. At least it gave me a good laugh while checking the website out, some of the products is also not appropriate as a name. Mostly because of wrong translation of the words šŸ¤£

I can say they have a lot to work with, if I search for rabbit food I get cat food šŸ¤£

I think they should of used google translate and they wouldnā€™t get so much wrong with the translation as they have now.

Because they got lion teeth from dandelions which is ā€maskrosā€ in swedish and torns is supposed to be (ringblomma eng. marigold).

So you get the picture of how bad the names of the products are. At least it gave me a good laugh while checking the website out, some of the products is also not appropriate as a name. Mostly because of wrong translation of the words šŸ¤£
Maybe Swedish is just not their first language, even if it is, translating terminology isn't easy at all. But in this case they probably just used machine translation which is free, if they would hire a professional translator it would add cost to their products for sure.

Maybe Swedish is just not their first language, even if it is, translating terminology isn't easy at all. But in this case they probably just used machine translation which is free, if they would hire a professional translator it would add cost to their products for sure.

Even google translate do a better job with the wording but I just think a large company should of not done such a mistake. They have still not fixed the translation of a few products.

I know there are better and worse machine-translations depending on which language and country ā˜ŗļø

Otherwise they could of just gone with the english names until fixed. Most in sweden can basic english. Iā€™m just thinking of the not so kids friendly names some products got because of wrong translations and they could also be a bit offensive šŸ˜…

Latest posts

Back