How can I save the 3rd litter of babies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupcakexo

Reaction score
Hey All..
My bunny is now 6 months old, and has had two previous unsuccessful litters.
The first time, she was too young and didn’t know what to do. She gave birth to them all over the cage, and they all eventually died as I tried to hand feed them with KMR as advised by vet. They died within 3 days.
The second time, she made an excellent nest with lots of fur in a darkened part of her hutch and they were good except one kept escaping and died 9 days old. The other 4 started to escape too and all died. :( Anyway the third are due any day now. She has been nesting and is very big. She is in a smaller cage away from Buck now and I have placed a nesting box in the corner and been feeding her plenty of Timothy hay, good quality pellets, a spoonful of oats everyday and plenty of water. Please can everybody give their hints and tips for keeping these babies alive. I think my previous mistake was no nest box being provided (hopefully). Also, her nipples are visible but look a little crusty at the moment is this normal? Thanks in advance! xxx

No problem! Welcome to the forum! We would love to see pictures when the babies arrive!

The nest box doesn’t really need to be that large, but the sides need to be high enough so the kits can’t escape (but not so high that the doe can’t get in and out). It should be big enough for the doe to turn around.

Latest posts

Back