How can I know if my bunny is a dwarf?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MochiTheBunny

Reaction score
Hello,

IMG_2580.PNGIMG_2582.PNGIMG_2584.JPG

I recently bought a bunny and I am new to the bunny community. I am having a hard time identifying the breed of my bunny. He is 8 weeks old and weighs 230g.

I was told that he was a dwarf, but did not specify what kind of dwarf. Please help me and feel free to give any tips on how to best support my new addition to my family.

Thank you!

Last edited:
If it’s your kits true age then it’s a dwarf and might be a netherland dwarf because of the size. My own netherland dwarf weighted 270 grams when he was 12 weeks old and stopped growing when he hit 530 grams ☺️

If it’s your kits true age then it’s a dwarf and might be a netherland dwarf because of the size. My own netherland dwarf weighted 270 grams when he was 12 weeks old and stopped growing when he hit 530 grams ☺

IMG_2574.JPG
I do know that he was born 2/19/2020. These are pictures of my bunny's parents.

Is one of the bunnies white and the other broken or are both broken colour?

If both are broken colour, you need to keep an eye on that your bunny grows right. Because a bunny with both parents have broken colour can get kits that are charlies, they often get intestine problems later in life. That’s why you should never breed two broken bunnies with each other, if you go after genetics with two broken, they have a 25% chance of getting charlies kits. I’m not a breeder and don’t study genetics about bunnies. So I’m not an expert within this area.

Just wanted to inform you about it, so you can know ahead of time. Because in the picture of parents it looks like two broken bunnies.

But your bunny is really cute.

The mother of Mochi is all white and the father is broken (white and black).

Thank you for the information. I wasn't aware of that.

If it’s your kits true age then it’s a dwarf and might be a netherland dwarf because of the size. My own netherland dwarf weighted 270 grams when he was 12 weeks old and stopped growing when he hit 530 grams ☺
Wow, that’s really tiny bunny🙂

Hello,

View attachment 46798View attachment 46797View attachment 46799

I recently bought a bunny and I am new to the bunny community. I am having a hard time identifying the breed of my bunny. He is 8 weeks old and weighs 230g.

I was told that he was a dwarf, but did not specify what kind of dwarf. Please help me and feel free to give any tips on how to best support my new addition to my family.

Thank you!

[/QUOTEdoes look like Nedherland dwarf.
Hello,

View attachment 46798View attachment 46797View attachment 46799

Thank you!
It does look like Nedherland dwarf to me. Very beautiful bunny🙂

Latest posts

Back