How can I help this poor bunny???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotteandbetty

Reaction score
Hey,

So I’m on holiday at the moment in Folegandros, a tiny tiny island in Greece. Yesterday I stumbled across a rabbit being kept in a tiny wire cage on the street (outside somebody’s house). In the cage also lives a chicken.... yeh. I got super upset and my initial thought was “I need to save him”. Rabbits are used as meat here, so I presumed that’s what he was for.

I went away to get some veggies for him -he had no food or hay whatsoever when I first saw him- and decide what to do.

When I came back, a woman came outside with carrot peel for him and I asked if he belongs to her.

She was actually very sweet and said he is a pet and not meat, he’s 5 years old and she has plans to move him to grass next month when the tourist season ends and she knows the cage is too small. She’s tried having him inside but she has small kids he scratches and chews the wires. Apparently he and the chicken are friends...

She let me stroke and hold him and said I could come back today and see him again.

How do I help this bunny? I will bring him some toys, things I can make like twigs and toilet roll tubes. I will also try to find him a cardboard box as a hidey house to get him off the wire floor.

There is no pet shop on this island and I leave tomorrow morning. I might be able to send things in the post when I get back to England. Ideas please???

Attachments

• 8632F487-8F30-4159-9529-C43D1D560EB4.jpeg
    8632F487-8F30-4159-9529-C43D1D560EB4.jpeg
    113.7 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back