How can I help educate people about Easter bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunnyBabbit

Reaction score
Easter is coming up soon and I know lots of people but baby bunnies for small children on Easter. Obviously this almost never works out. The kids mistreat the bunny, bunny becomes aggressive, kids get bored of bunny, parents have to take care of the bunny, then the bunny is either neglected or dumped. I've seen it happen over and over, again and again. And I'd like to keep that from happening. So, how can I spread awareness about this and educate people on proper bunny care? I'm currently working on a complete rabbit care guide. I'm not sure if that will be finished by Easter though.
Is there anything else I can do? I always try to help people with their bunnies whether it be through pinterest or other forums, but it's hard to help people before they get a bunny in the first place.
Any ideas?

Somewhere on the forum is a thread with a couple posters to discourage rabbit buying at Easter. I can't seem to find them at the moment. These kinds of info posters/flyers can be posted on social media or elsewhere. Short and sweet is most likely to be noticed. Here are samples I made, but the other ones from this forum are better. ;)

The House Rabbit Society has some resources/posters: Search Results easter | House Rabbit Society

And then there is also the "make mine chocolate" campaign: Home | Make Mine Chocolate!
This one has expanded and they have lots of great ideas for what you can do! (Go to the site link to be able to click on "learn more" )
1614549081290.png

Attachments

• don't gift rabbit.jpg
    don't gift rabbit.jpg
    639.2 KB · Views: 3
  • easter rabbit warning.jpg
    easter rabbit warning.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 4
  • stuffed and real bun compare lo res.jpg
    stuffed and real bun compare lo res.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Somewhere on the forum is a thread with a couple posters to discourage rabbit buying at Easter. I can't seem to find them at the moment. These kinds of info posters can be posted on social media or elsewhere. Short and sweet is most likely to be noticed. Here are samples I made, but the other ones from this forum are better. ;)

The House Rabbit Society has some resources/posters: Search Results easter | House Rabbit Society

And then there is also the "make mine chocolate" campaign: Home | Make Mine Chocolate!
This one has expanded and they have lots of great ideas for what you can do! (Go to the site link to "learn more" )
View attachment 53575
Those are really good and eye catching! It gets the message across very well!

Latest posts

Back