How buns and other animals deal with the death of another bonded animal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliew19673

Reaction score
Wondering how to help "pack mates" deal with death?

Bax and kitten Bella seem confused at the departure of Tbone (21 yr old kitty that died a little over a week ago). New bun Bab's is fine (obviously as she was only around Tbone for about a week). Not sure how to get Baxter! back on track. Its not that he's not eating just that he's more withdrawn (as is the kitten).

I think Babs the new bun will step into the role of Matriarch (she just has that vibe) but she's not bonded to Bax yet so (starting this process in 2 weeks when her hormones have subsided from her spay 2 weeks ago).

Any suggestions?

Thanks AngelSnuffy appreciate the honesty. Think its a collective problem oftaking inthe new bun Babs right before Tbone died and now Bax doesn't have a clue what to do with the new bun and where did his friend/nemesis go that he at least could figure out.

The kitten has no one to "yell" at her anymore as Tbone "put her in check" when she got to crazy.

So now we are a ship without a rutter and I'm supposed to know? I'm dealing with buns that are apparently smarter than myself - lol.

Latest posts

Back