How big will my bunny get?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AliceH

Reaction score
Hey all! I have been looking all over for a bunny growth sheet or size guide and have had no luck.
I got a 8 week old male mix breed rabbit, who currently weighs about 30 oz/2ish lbs.
At least I think so, he was little squirmy on the scale and I did not want to stress him out.
How big can I expect him to get when full grown? Double the size he is now?
I appreciate any thoughts on this :)

Attachments

• bunnn.jpg
    bunnn.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 25
Depends on how big his parents are, at least double his size.

Depends on how big his parents are, at least double his size.
His father was a mix breed rabbit, and looked about the size of a rex.
I did not see his mother, in retrospect I should have asked to meet her.

I had been hoping for a bigger rabbit when I was looking around, but have fallen in love with him.
Now I am just curious about how big he will get, especially since he is a mutt.

I would think he will weight between 1,5-2 kg. So not a big rabbit but a normal size bun.

Myself also own the runt of the bunny pack, sometimes what you plan to get dosen’t go with which bunny you fall for [emoji4]

I would think he will weight between 1,5-2 kg. So not a big rabbit but a normal size bun.

Myself also own the runt of the bunny pack, sometimes what you plan to get dosen’t go with which bunny you fall for [emoji4]
True that! Thanks for the help and pet your bun for me!

Just weighted my 9 week old kits, they are about 1.7-1.8 kg now, their adult weight would be around 4,5kg, about 9-10lbs. I guess your rabbit will be considerable smaller.

We rescued what we were told was an 8 month old English Spot mix--very skinny and 7 pounds. Turned out she was about 3 months old and a pure Checkered Giant and was 20 pounds at 1 year with us. Huge, but she was a real sweet lap bunny.

Just weighted my 9 week old kits, they are about 1.7-1.8 kg now, their adult weight would be around 4,5kg, about 9-10lbs. I guess your rabbit will be considerable smaller.
Thank you for that point of reference! I am glad to have the weight of other bunnies his age to compare him to.

We rescued what we were told was an 8 month old English Spot mix--very skinny and 7 pounds. Turned out she was about 3 months old and a pure Checkered Giant and was 20 pounds at 1 year with us. Huge, but she was a real sweet lap bunny.
She sounds like a giant love bug! What beautiful girl!

Latest posts

Back