How big are flemish giant poops?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
[align=center]
DSCF0708.jpg
[/align]

I think that my Zoe has your Flemmie(s) beat. In late July, she was shedding heavily (despite dailygrooming) andpassing a decent amount of fur. (She's a megacolon bun and, so,always passes fecals that are large for her 4.5-lb. size.) She started acting very cranky, which I attributed to increased discomfort caused by ingested fur that her digestive system was working to pass. A few days later, she certainly passed something: a 2"-long, 3/4"-wide (at the widest point), fecal-coated ball of fur. I took several photos of it next to a tape measurer, lest anyone ever dispute the idea that a lil' Mini Rex could produce such a load.

:biggrin2:

Jenk

TinysMom wrote:
[align=center]
DSCF0708.jpg
[/align]
Uh...yeah....imagine that, X 4, in ONE cage...every 2 hours or so. :p

Sweetie and her 3 babies were poopin' machines, towards the end! Of course, we had expanded her cage to include a "front porch", so it could accommodate her, and her "little" offspring. Dave said that just gave them more space to poop! :grumpy:

Jenk wrote:
I think that my Zoe has your Flemmie(s) beat. In late July, she was shedding heavily (despite dailygrooming) andpassing a decent amount of fur. (She's a megacolon bun and, so,always passes fecals that are large for her 4.5-lb. size.) She started acting very cranky, which I attributed to increased discomfort caused by ingested fur that her digestive system was working to pass. A few days later, she certainly passed something: a 2"-long, 3/4"-wide (at the widest point), fecal-coated ball of fur. I took several photos of it next to a tape measurer, lest anyone ever dispute the idea that a lil' Mini Rex could produce such a load.

:biggrin2:

Jenk

That's cool - we've had the girls have night feces that big that they didn't clean up - but I wasn't going to photograph those..yuck.

I figured I did good to just get their poops..

wabbitmom12 wrote:
Uh...yeah....imagine that, X 4, in ONE cage...every 2 hours or so. :p

Sweetie and her 3 babies were poopin' machines, towards the end! Of course, we had expanded her cage to include a "front porch", so it could accommodate her, and her "little" offspring. Dave said that just gave them more space to poop! :grumpy:
:laugh::laugh:

TinysMom wrote:
That's cool - we've had the girls have night feces that big that they didn't clean up - but I wasn't going to photograph those..yuck.

I figured I did good to just get their poops..

Normally, I don't show my DH the bunnies' poops, due to his lackluster response. But Zoe's record-breaking poop was an exception to the rule. I thought that his eyes were going to pop out of his head; his response was: "No wonder she was so cranky this past week. I'd be cranky, too, if I were her size and my body was trying to pass that."

In all seriousness, we can't figure out howshe squeezed it out of her body. We're glad that she did (rather than requiring additional vet assistance), but still...Don't the laws of physics/physiology have something to say in the matter? :biggrin2:

On another serious note, I would love to have a Flemmie someday--even if that would mean dealing with Flemmie poop. (I can't imagine what they cost to feed, though, for those of us who insist on buying bagged hay--vs. the cheaper bales.) I must say, though, that dealing with a Cali's poops is funny because they're just the right size for me totease my husband whenever he opens a new box of Cocoa Puffs. (I ask, "You think that's cereal you're eating?" Then he "accuses" me of having opened the box/bag, filling it with Cali poops and resealing everything before he even opens it.)

Labeled pictures are cool but don't give us anything to reference to for the size.
Could we see a picture with something else in it, maybe a coin or something that we all know how big it is to get a better idea of how big they are?

Latest posts

Back