How are his hocks looking? (Photo)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
I noticed today that Remy's hocks are looming more sore than usual. He is prone to sore hocks (Mini rex) and we monitor them. We had him watched at a friend this weekend but when I picked him up and brought him home, I noticed them when he flopped. Should I be overly concerned? My vet has been monitoring them as well but is rarely concerned.

Attachments

• 8FF83C6B-C1E4-4D48-900B-067890D5AA37.jpeg
    8FF83C6B-C1E4-4D48-900B-067890D5AA37.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 13
If you can post a pic that will always help us better determine if his hocks need treatment or not.

Yeah, it loaded now. What sort of flooring/s does he have?

Yeah, it loaded now. What sort of flooring/s does he have?
We’ve tried it all. We used to have fleece but switched it for a vinyl mat over layers of fleece bc we were advised that the fleece might be doing it. We have synthetic carpet in the room he roams in and wood in the rest of the apartment. He doesn’t often venture out of the living room but when he does, it’s on wood.

It's good that he has different surfaces to be on, so he'll choose what's comfiest for him. Those hocks look a bit pink but not red or swollen as far as i can tell, so if they don't get any worse than that, just keep an eye out.
How old is he? I presume he's still young and highly active, so i wouldn't have any more reccommendations just to keep keeping an eye on it. He's adorable though!

It's good that he has different surfaces to be on, so he'll choose what's comfiest for him. Those hocks look a bit pink but not red or swollen as far as i can tell, so if they don't get any worse than that, just keep an eye out.
How old is he? I presume he's still young and highly active, so i wouldn't have any more reccommendations just to keep keeping an eye on it. He's adorable though!
Aww thanks!! Yup, he’s a youngster. Only 1 years old. Very active little guy especially because we’re home now so we keep his pen open the whole day.

Have you ever tried a cotton rug or other soft natural fiber rug? I've heard they are supposed to be better for sore hocks.

There is also the option of keeping non slip baby socks on him. I know it worked for one member(a while back, don't remember who) that had a rex prone to sore hocks.

Latest posts

Back