Housing rabbits together

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLuvMyLilBuns

Reaction score
Hi! If I were to have two female rabbits from the same litter live together would that be fine? I heard it was only males that fight but I'm not sure if I would potentially have to spay them.

Thanks!

Females absolutely fight! Sisters may also fight. Sometimes two sisters will make it through hormones and remain bonded, but there are no guarantees that will happen. If you get two sisters, there is certainly a potential that you would have to spay them. (Doing so is better for their longevity anyway). Once spayed, there is still no guarantee that they will bond afterwards either.

I agree, females that have always been together from birth can sometimes be housed together, but not without great risk of fights; ultimately you likely would end up separating them until both were spayed and then trying to bond them.
A while back, I did have two intact females who could have occasional, closely-supervised playtime together; though it worked for a time, they did end up getting into fights and I decided it wasn't worth the risk.

Latest posts

Back