Housing prior to bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaRigGz

Reaction score
Hi All!

I have a male 2 year old Netherland Dwarf, Mousse, who was de-sexed when he was 9 months old, and have recently adopted a female 8 week old Mini lop, Pancake, who is booked in to be de-sexed at the 4 month mark. I then plan to bond them when she's 6 months old.

My question is, what's the best way to house them in the interim?

I currently have 2 enclosures set up on opposites of our loungeroom, with a wall set up to block them being able to get to each other, but they're both curious and keep trying to get over it 🤦‍♀️

I imagine this is the right approach, so that they don't fight through the bars? or am I better of giving them some sort of interaction?

Any tips you can give me on how to handle the next 4 months would be greatly appreciated :)

You could try keeping their enclosures near each other so they get used to each others scent and presence but if they begin fighting between the bars you can move them to the opposite sides and switch toys, litter boxes or even their enclosures.

Latest posts

Back