House rabbit to outdoor rabbit transition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura stone

Reaction score
hey everybun, I have 5 rabbits. A bonded male and female pair and 3 single boys. Who do not get along.

We made the mistake of thinking a baby bond was a real bond and have ended up with 3 boys living alone and having to try and give them equal free roaming time which you can imagine is a nightmare.

So my partner and i are thinking of building a massive outdoor home for two of them. Everything will be predator safe and secure but I’m worried about the transition for the buns. Has anyone any experience with this?
I just want my buns to be happy and live their best lives and I know right now they ain’t.

I have an outdoor rabbit, and when we first got him we kept him inside. He did great with the change from inside to outside! Your rabbits should do good too. Just introduce them to outside gradually.

Myself have two bunnies outdoors. They had no problem. Only a tips if you are planning to have them live outdoors. They will need to move out now, so they have the time to get winter fur. If it gets too late you will have to wait until next summer ^^

My bunnies had no problem moving outdoors, the skittish bunny got a lot better after living outdoors and running around.

Latest posts

Back