House Bunny living arrangements.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PenelopeBun

Reaction score
My house rabbit is free range for the majority of the day, shes so well behaved and is generally very clean and tidy, for the time at when I’m at work she goes into her indoor cage, but I am now looking into more spacious options as I want her to have the more freedom whilst I’m at work. My Guinea Pigs have a large c&c cage, but I know that my rabbit will jump out of one of these. I have been looking at large pens but I am worried they are too flimsy and she might still get out...any suggestions?!

There are bunny versions of C&C cages, but may be called "cube cages" or "NIC" cages. You don't use coroplast (the 2nd "C" in "C&C") because it is too slippery. But you do use the grids. You just need more grids, make them at least 2 grids tall, and can even put a roof on them. These can be multi-level as well.

Here's one we had, but you can make yours as large as you want if bunny will spend a good amount of time in there.

{If you go bigger, I'd suggest going wider, not deeper. If you make it 3 grids from front to back, instead of 2 grids, it is too difficult to reach all the way in for cleaning. Better to make it wider -- like 6 grids by 2 grids (and however tall you like).}

upload_2018-5-7_9-43-51.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back