Hoss: goodby my big boy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hoss, our White New Zealand passed away sometime last night. He was fine when we fed vegetables last night and ate up everything with gusto. But this morning when we went into the rabbit room he was laying on his side and was gone. We are gonna miss you a lot my big boy. He came to us in 2002 from a rescue group that used Petsmart in Tracy, Ca. They said he was over 2 years old then, so he was around 13 now. The remarkable thing about him is that he never was sick or had any problems of any kind. He was such a sweet boy and never bothered the carpet or chewed anything that wasn't there for that purpose. One of the funniest things he ever did was spending about five minutes trying to fit in alongside the refrigerator and when he couldn't get in head first, he tried to back in. He finally gave up and went over and laid down in "his" spot in front of the stove. We love you and miss you my big boy--binky free at the bridge with Stockton, Nik-Nik, Mel, Mr B, Bonny, Lilly, Ted, Stewart and Charlene. We love you and will miss you "Big Boy".:rip::bunnyangel:

Thanks everybody. It's never easy having to say goodbye, for sure. We've been nursing one with a bladder infection currently, so this was a bolt out of the blue. He was fine and happy last night. He was definitely our oldest rabbit ever, but he was in very good condition with no sign of anything. I'll put up some pictures in a couple of days when I have better control.

I'm very sorry about Hoss. He sounded such a sweet boy, and I think it's funny that the bigger the bunny, the smaller they think they are, and that they can fit into the tightest spot.

At least he was happy right to the end, and had no suffering in his life with you. Unfortunately, that makes his passing even harder for you :(

God Bless, Hoss

Jan

Larry I'm so sorry to hear about Hoss' passing.

He sounded like a wonderful & funny pet. I had a little chuckle when I read what you wrote about thefridge, thinking Hoss was a good name for him. I love the name btw.

Binky Free at the Rainbow Bridge :rainbow:Hoss.

Susan:bunnyangel2:

It makes me so sad when someone loses their bunny! I am sorry to hear Hoss has passed to the bridge, he sounds like an awesome fellow

Pictures of our Great Hoss

DSC00034.jpg

DSC00451.jpg

That picture of him laying stretched out in the kitchen is one of my favorite poses.

I'm so sorry; he was a beautiful boy with an awesome name. What is Bonanza-related?

Larry is that u in the pic??..i luv it!! a big strong guy with tattoos holding a precious bunny!!!!!.i luv it!it dont get no kewler then that......

I'm so sorry. I know with you guys he had a big full life to match his size and personality. Binky free, Hoss.

Latest posts

Back