Horrible abuse case in Michigan!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theevenstarlight

Reaction score
I am crying...the CritterCafe Rescue in Muskegon, MI just got 10 rabbits that had their ears cut off. I can't believe it! I don't know if they will be able to be adopted or what will happen, but if they get well enough to be adopted, they will definitely need homes. I just donated some money (not a lot, but every little bit helps) to help these poor things; I hope some members on here can donate something, anything. It's so sad. I don't understand why people do this!

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/cccandr.html

http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/share...dh9ozkRa&shareName=MMS&messageState=RETRIEVED

omg! :cry2 I hope these guys are able to be adopted and find loving homes!
How can people be so cruel? :banghead

Oh my gosh! I hope they are in condition to be adopted. Having no ears shouldn't affect them too much health-wise, but who knows what else they have been through.:cry2

OakRidgeRabbits wrote:
Oh my gosh! I hope they are in condition to be adopted. Having no ears shouldn't affect them too much health-wise, but who knows what else they have been through.:cry2

:( It will make them more susceptible to ear infections :(

this is horrible. i will never understand how people can be so cruel.

thankfully they ended up in good hands. christine is were we got toulouse from and you can tell she loves her critters more then life itself.

i am going to email her, was planning on it to give her an update on toulouse, maybe she has more information and will send it thru me, or just get on here and post it herself.

katie

OH MY GOSH:)
HI:)))
I am so glad to get SOMEBUNNY TO HEAR AND FEEL THIS PAIN THANK YOU CALLIE:)) OH MY GOSH:)))
Its me Christine at CritterCafe:((
The bunnys are getting better...but we want(I am DEMANDING) PROSECUTION!!!!
I had 2 separate vets offices fax their report in after the bunnys wellchecks(gosh can I even call it that?)Officer Williams should have those documents by now. He is so uneducated about bunnys though I am sure he does not realize the urgency. The vet said(Dr.Corbett at FruitportAnimalHospital) that these bunnys "screams could be heard for miles" when their ears were cut and that the "ears are one of the most sensitive parts on a bunny" and that the pain would have been excruciating at minimum.I am treating all with pain med, Metacam,(now that I have them more hydrated through Sub Q fluid)and baytril. She, Dr.Corbett says the ears have been cut within the last 10 days:(((

christinelea1 wrote:
OH MY GOSH:)
HI:)))
I am so glad to get SOMEBUNNY TO HEAR AND FEEL THIS PAIN THANK YOU CALLIE:)) OH MY GOSH:)))
Its me Christine at CritterCafe:((
The bunnys are getting better...but we want(I am DEMANDING) PROSECUTION!!!!
I had 2 separate vets offices fax their report in after the bunnys wellchecks(gosh can I even call it that?)Officer Williams should have those documents by now. He is so uneducated about bunnys though I am sure he does not realize the urgency. The vet said(Dr.Corbett at FruitportAnimalHospital) that these bunnys "screams could be heard for miles" when their ears were cut and that the "ears are one of the most sensitive parts on a bunny" and that the pain would have been excruciating at minimum.I am treating all with pain med, Metacam,(now that I have them more hydrated through Sub Q fluid)and baytril. She, Dr.Corbett says the ears have been cut within the last 10 days:(((
This is absolutely horrible. I hope you get them prosecuted!! Poor Bunnies. Thanks for updating us on how the bunnies are doing. :pray: April

The vet said(Dr.Corbett at FruitportAnimalHospital) that these bunnys "screams could be heard for miles" when their ears were cut and that the "ears are one of the most sensitive parts on a bunny" and that the pain would have been excruciating at minimum. - Christine
=======

Not unlike others have felt or posted elsewhere in the RO forum, the sick and demented things that humans do should be prosecuted just the same as if 10 cats and 10 dogs or 10 small children got parts of their body cut off.

The screams .... can you imagine ... ?

I will keep watching for notes here, and thank you Christine for taking on AND helping. Everyone who cares and helps.

Would this be worth mentioning to Oprah? Glad it will be documented in the CatsandDogs Magazine.

Christine, did you post on etherbun?

I've heard a bunny scream. Domino, when she was a baby got in by one of my other rabbits who attacked her. I ran so fast to figure out what was going on. Luckily she had gotten away. She wasn't seriously hurt and she healed up from the ordeal, but man, I've never heard such a heart-tearing sound. :cry2

I just can't imagine the pain these bunnies went through. Why would anyone do such a horrible thing!? Makes me sick. :X And breaks my heart. :nerves1

The vet found/said that another one of the bunnys has had her nose slashed:(down the middle:( Her nose/from her face has been cut in half and since healed over... I am hurting still about this recent rescue...I wrote a letter o the MuskegonChronicle.

I have 4 of them fixed now-the others cannot be fixed till they get healthier.
I have not posted yet at Etherbun...I simply have not had time....and I dont know what to say.
All the bunnys are on baytril and metacam now for pain..thankfully. We could not use a pain drug until we got them well enough hydrated, they are now:)I did injections of baytril for the first day.
Please keep them all in your prayers...
The little Daddy bunny with his ears most recently cut(withing the last 10 days the vets said)...he is just the sweetest little ol thing in the world...I LOVE him to pieces:))
Dr.Corbett says he is an adult-but that is the best she can say with such poor nutrition.
I will take more pictures and post them soon...

What the BLEEEEPPPP!!!
I'm soo outraged by ths story!! it makes me sick...
Wonder how loud the abuser would scream if his ears were cut off!!!!!
Thanks God they are in caring hands now...

im not going to saay anything..
so i will not get banned for bad laungue ectc..
god, how sick

OMG. I feel so sick and full of anger... Poor bunnies. I am so mad that I would like to have that person in my hands, I would know what to do. I really hope he goes to jail. If there is something i can do to help to have that person prosecuted, please let me know. I hope the bunnies get better soon.

Latest posts

Back