Hormones and Ripley...post neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylova4eva

Reaction score
Ok, so someone's gotta help me out here. Ripley was neutered this last Friday. I'll admit it, I was expecting my little wild child to turn into wonder boy. The vet did inform me before that the humping may not go away and could be due to anxiety. But, he did say at least the marking should get better. Since the day after surgery, Ripley is back to honking (very loudly) lots of cicling, humping continually and pooping everywhere in his pen. I know I can't expect perfect behaviour immediately, but I was hoping for some improvment. :nosir: I suppose it could be caused by anxiety like the vet said it could be, but the honking and pooping all over to me indicates hormones or something..plus, he's not an anxious bunny ever really. How long does it usually take for the hormones to get a bit better post surgery or will it be not get better than this...? I've had buns for years, but this is our first buck and first rabbit surgical experience.

Last edited:
No need to worry at all :) It can actually take 6-8 WEEKS before hormones are gone and its not uncommon for a hormone type "surge" after an alter.

Give it some time. Things should calm down soon!

No need to worry at all :) It can actually take 6-8 WEEKS before hormones are gone and its not uncommon for a hormone type "surge" after an alter!

Conan didn't express much bad behavior before his neuter, however after he got fixed was when he went wild for about two weeks. He's good now, almost back to normal except for the fact there's anothrr bun running around that causes some odd behavior.

Latest posts

Back