Hormonal behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisisfliss

Reaction score
I'm curious how everybody's buns behave when they are being hormonal?

Alfy is being spayed in June and I really can't wait. When her hormones are raging, she bites her cage bars, gets gassy, is grumpy one minute and all friendly the next. And she has peed on me a few times! She behaves like a hormonal human and is really picky with her hay!

I still love her to bits though even though she can be a nightmare!

Felix was neutered so early that I managed to skip his hormonal behaviour! Lucky me, for a first-time bun mama.

Clementine is starting to get a little hormonal now. Thankfully there haven't been too many bad changes yet, she's not spraying or humping, but behaviourally she's gotten a lot grumpier and less friendly. She tends to retreat off to this little space between the couch and her hutch, and sit there alone for long periods of time. I miss my snuggly girl, but I understand it's a part of growing up. I just treat her like a hormonal teenager!

When hormonal at least one of the girls will spray inside the cage. Since they live together and I haven't caught anyone in the act I have no idea if it's just one or both. Luckily it does not happen too often and not outside of their cage.

Shirley has built nests several times although she has never been pregnant.

Also, their will be mounting between the two of them.

Yes, Alfy is still such a friendly little bun but sometimes she comes up to me for a stroke, I reach out and she runs off! It's quite common at the minute. I'm just putting all her erratic behaviour down to her being a grumpy teenager. She peed on the sofa again earlier. I think she likes to try and mark it as hers!

Bring on June when she's being spayed!

Latest posts

Back