Hope for the UVic rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sas: is there a way that someone can take a bunch of pictures of the trappers throwing the traps with bunnies inside of them and pics of the trappers killing the rabbits? Pictures will stand up in court and maybe these bunnies can be saved.

Also I would love to foster a couple of these bunnies until they are ready to be transported to Texas.

It is sad how these bunnies are being treated. Breaks my heart. I hope that things work out for everyone who are trying to help these bunnies.

Hey Sweetie, I've been trying to get the time to email you, we can't just do a couple of fosters, we need to house 30 or 40 in a holding area in Washington State sometime after next Thursday, and we may have a space in Gig Harbor.

Any chance you can come there and give us a hand with bunny care (feeding, cleaning, etc) at some point? They'll have to stay there for a week to 10 days or so.

We'll be looking for volunteers. Also if you know anybody else who might be able to help out, that would be great!

sas

I will ask a couple vets that I know, maybe they can help. What about the humane society here in Kitsap County, can they help? If they can I will ask them if they have room.

I wish there was a way for me to get to Gig Harbor to help. I don't drive. The bus is my only transportation and there are no buses in Gig Harbor.

I could ask around at other vets here in Kitsap County and neighboring counties if they be willing to help house 30 to 40 rabbits for a week to 10 days.

Next Thursday, would that be the 3rd or the 9th of September?

I really do hope that these bunnies will be saved.

Thanks again Bill Jesse for the link info. Thank you (always and often) Pipp for being a part of this endeavor and all your education efforts. For everyone who's lent a voice and support for all the innocent buns. PixieStixxxx. NancyMcClelland, Sweetie, tonyshuman. adding a hugsquish, if you can tolerate the emotion.

Unbelievable how social the rabbits are, and they have the potential to be a forever-loved companion. Truly hope more vets will get involved with the life-saving effort.

Ruthless behavior by UVic. :pssd:

What NorthernAutumn typed, "Keep up the good work out there, guys! We're cheering for you!"

^ Ditto! I want to learn more about this chemical sterilization find for deer. Thank you NorthernAutumn for posting the educational articles.

The judge overturned the injunction which was fine as it gave us time to get organized. That was the aim. But we are hardly organized, or maybe no one has told me. The trappers were on campus today and caught 50 rabbits. There were no observers so we do not know for sure. I believe they are going to a sanctuary but with UVic one never knows. I hope they do go as that particular group were my bunnies, the ones I saw every day including a lame one which we tried to get on Sunday.

We are supposed to get 40 bunnies for Texas on Thursday and a second group of 56 next Wednesday. This will be followed again for the next two weeks. It will be a logistical nightmare as we are lacking both funds and manpower.

I will ask All Creatures if they can house 30 to 40 rabbits for a week to 10 days, I will also ask Relling Small Animal Hospital if they can do the same.

I have one cage I can loan you guys for transporting a rabbit or two. It is small but both Sweetie and Prince can fit in it. It is basically for a guinea pig cage, but I use it when one of my rabbits needs to heal from whatever is ailing them.

We dont show anymore.. I have probably 6-3 hole show rabbit carriers. They are in Texas.. not sure how we can work that out, but I am willing to donate them..

Please keep us posted if there are other ways to help, from afar. Someone could maybe use a couple bucks in their pocket to fill up a gas tank and transport....

I hope they got to sanctuary. Mankind and the irresponsible things they do -- as in dumping rabbits, who proliferate like blinking your eyes, just disgusts me.

Mankind is the bottom line on the trouble started, and yet you Bill do what you can to help all innocent lives.

I can only hope those got to safety that UVic already trapped, including your bunnies and the lame one.

My fear is that they encountered an inhumane end... Will news or media follow-up on what happens to those caught by UVic authorities, or who UVic hires to trap?

Hi

Thanks for replying. We have a web site if anyone wants to donate

http://www.tracs-bc.ca and go to the Battle For The UVic Bunnies link.

We are moving bunnies out, some 60 have gone to local sanctuaries and Thursday we will get 40 more for the Texas sanctuary. It will be long and costly and the logistics quite difficult but the bunnies are priority number one.

I was at the campus today and the area where the lame guy was still has rabbits although we have put out the word to the other sanctuaries if they see him to let us know.

As to media follow up, I rather doubt it. The local media are truly pro-UVic and even today after the first removals they are carrying letters and editorials complaining about the money we are (and UVic) spending to do it.

How many UVic rabbits were killed today when the university refused to delay the pickup for 2 weeks? The holding areas for these rabbits are full because the university trappers gave us rabbits to young to neuter and we had to hold them.
Very disturbing and shows the "kill" mentality of the infamous University of Victoria.

UVic and their mentality is disgusting. Disturbing. Hard to comprehend to anyone with a volunteer heart to help out. Humans are disgusting at times. Thanking those that make a difference ~ and have a voice for creatures unable to talk. Especially when irresponsible humans put (dump) them there to proliferate.

Yes, Pet Stores: Sell sterilized rabbits. Don't give rabbits for Easter gifts thinking rabbits are suitable "toys".

Do they have qualified i.e. educated rabbit-savvy persons who can determine the too young from the mature bunnies?

Are there picture links or additional articles, Pipp, Jesse?

Latest posts

Back