Hooray I finally got my babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snap

Reaction score
Yep, my two Holland Lop does gave birth today just hours apart from each other.
Dragonfly, I think had either 4 or 5 babies- 3 are alive and well, 1 was stillborn and if she had 5 she ate it because it looked like she was eating a baby but we're not too sure((I know it's not the placenta, that was still stuck to another baby)).
Cricket had 3 babies all healthy looking for now, even though they are itty bitty compared to Dragonfly's massive little ones.

I'm very excited, these are my first babies of any animal ever. They're so cute and wiggly, I've named them all Wiggles temporarily. XD

So I've got 6 little ones total, and I haven't taken pictures since I was busy checking the babies and cleaning up their cages((they're inside so they've got solid bottom cages which was nice until they were pregnant)). But I'm going to tomorrow and post them here because everyone loves baby bunnies. :)

These are Cricket's babies, they were actually pretty still for like half a second- I got lucky.

And these are Dragonfly's babies! They're much bigger and more wiggly than Cricket's babies, and there's that little red one which is the only one I can tell apart. :D They're so fat, and just pee all over all the time!
36229_1498796911653_1286056978_3115447_6705242_n.jpg

Come to think of it, I should have done a comparison picture on how much of a difference in size the babies of each litter are. Oh well. Still, babies! :D

So I have a runt, possibly peanut, in Cricket's litter((I do believe he's the one at the right in the picture)). We couldn't tell at birth because they were all the same size, but he hasn't grown and he's now half the size of his siblings. Apparently he's getting just enough milk to make it through to the next feeding but I'm pretty sure he's getting weaker as the days go by, and he won't be here much longer. :C

But, on the other hand all the other babies are getting pretty big and strong, they just go all over the place. So I'm happy for that. I'll still have 5 out of 7 total babies.

I have had runts in my 2 litters that i have had. They did great and grew just like any other rabbits

Well we realized he was a peanut since the other two were growing like boys in puberty and he just wasn't. We couldn't tell for awhile, since he wasn't the extreme peanut look- his head was slightly bigger than it should have been, back legs only a little weird, his ears looks the same as the other ones. But he died on Wednesday, and my mother had my friend bury him in his backyard which I'm still very upset about since I was very attached to him and wanted him in my backyard. :c

So now I've just got my 5 very fat, very wiggly little furballs- 4 tortoise, 1 broken tortoise((possibly broken blue ;D!)).

Latest posts

Back