Honey and garbage

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redestarrosa

Reaction score
do y'all think Honey gonna be okay???

i caught her in the garbage and eating old bread dough , really old but not moldy tho

she seems to be okay right now

now i know to take the trash out more often and i really need to go buy proper trash can

Evenstar

Watch her poops very carefully (if she getsexcess cecals or small poops), a sudden influx of carbs can cause animbalance inher system which can lead to stasis.

Not sure how to ward that off, maybe somebody with more experience canchime in, butmaking sure she gets plenty of hay and water,and not much else for a couple of days might be theanswer. Also check into Probiotics, there should bea listing in the Resource Center.

How much did she eat?

PS: Moving this to the Infirmary...

i think she ate some, but mostly made a mess on my floor, bits of food and whatnots

but i don't think she ate that much, and she is drinking her water pretty good, and she is eating alot of hay,

and she is running around like crazy and binkying, so i guess she isokay, but i will keep a close eye on her, i was worrying most of theday while in classes about her, specially after one of my classmate saysomething about dough might rising in her stomach... so i kept worryingabout that!

so i guess they both are doing alright, they sure do gave me goodscare, like that one time nickles my service dog had a toad in hismouth and he was foaming in the mouth but he turned out fine too, athoi did had a good freak out on that and one of my dorm neighbor saidthat nickles should be okay

boy these critters, they could give one a good scare every now and then

Evenstar

me too, she is doing good

last night i had a micro freakout
i woke up in middle of the night and glance over to under the diningroom table where the rabbits are, and saw a big pile of something pale,and thought oh no they gotten into the other trash that i keep hangingon the dining chair (walmart bag)... i thought they gotten into thepotatoes peelings .. i put my glasses on and went to clean up themesses, only to discover that the pale pilings was just kitchentowels. oh. i felt kinda silly

whew!!:disgust:

I think honeys alright but I think it's high in sugar.. but don't quote me on that.

Bread is ok, just as a super rare treat but shouldn't be givin. Shesounds fine. Small amounts of bread probably wouldn't affect hertoo much. Maybe put the garbage on the counter or somethingjust so you won't have to worry if they've gotten into it or not.

Glad she's ok! :D

Latest posts

Back