Honestly,

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystal

Reaction score
I know this might sound like a strange thing to ask, but I have sometimes wondered if my lovely boy bunny Lopsy would be expected to be able to live a long life the same as every other bunny. He was said to be about 2 years old when I got him, which was coming up to 2 years ago. He has two 'splayed' legs on his right side, as far as I know because he was born that way (rather than from injury). Deformity seems to fit though because it was also discovered by the vet that he had one testicle on the inside and one on the outside, the one on the inside being on the same side as his unusual legs.

I remember reading ages ago that splayed bunnies have a reduced life expectancy, but I'm not sure whether that would be considered the same for him or not because he can move around well and use a litter box etc.

Cheers,
Crystal.

Any factors that stress an organism can reduce life expectancy. However there are so many factors involved that it would be impossible to say for certain if he would have a reduced lifespan and how shortened his life would be.

He's lucky to have such a wonderful home and to be so loved. ;)

Latest posts

Back