Homemade treats?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellsb

Reaction score
Lately i took my lil bun into the vet not long ago. She is now "obese".
I really need to get her weight down and have tried finding recipes to make and google has alot. Same with reddit and pintrest.
BUT, Ekko will NOT eat any home made treats with pellets in them. ground up or whole.
i would really like to know if there are recipes without them?
And im not talking the treats where you stick raw fruit onto a stick, or pieces of hay through a slice of banana... lol
im talking real BAKED treats, as if you were to bake homemade cookies!

So PLEASE! if you got em, SEND em!!
Thanks! :)

I make my own treats! But, if your rabbit is obese, it’s probably best to not feed any treats for a while, as these are made of oats and a fair bit of fruit!

But anyway here is one of my recipes:

Ingredients:
Oats
Banana
Blueberry
Forage (optional)

Grind the oats in the blender or food processor until it becomes a flour (you could buy oat flour, but it’s usually cheaper this way). Smash the banana in a bowl and boil some blueberries with some water in a pot - this brings out a really nice purple colour! Mix it all together until it becomes a dough. Then put some oat flour on a counter, roll your dough out, and cut it into shapes! You can add some forage on top to make it extra tasty, but you don’t have to. Then place it on a tray, pop it in the oven on about 140° and bake for an hour or until it snaps. Feed once cooled 🐇

This are just treats so they shouldn’t be fed often. Maybe one to three, a week depending on her size. And they last about 3 months when they’re fully baked (they last longest if they’re put in the fridge).

If your bunny is overweight, the last thing you want to do is give her treats. Put her on a hay diet with just very few pellets and some fresh herbs as treats.

Do you have a dehydrator? Searching rawfood recipes you might be able to find a recipe that you could make of safe ingredients. Like others said it might be best to stick to the basics for awhile. Get the bunny some toys, have her run around a bit:)

Latest posts

Back