Homemade Bunnie Biscuts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Remember, these are treats, so give them sparingly.

1 small carrot, pureed (can substitute apple or pear)
1/2 banana, mashed until really creamy
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup rabbit pellets, ground finely in a coffee grinder
1/4 cup ground oats, ground finely in a coffee grinder

Mix pureed carrot, banana and honey in a medium bowl. Add pellet powderand ground oats. Mix until blended. Knead in your hands for 1-2minutes. Roll out the "dough" in 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick layers betweensheets of plastic wrap. Cut into small cookies (about 3/4 inch across).Place cut shapes onto a parchment paper covered cookie sheet. Bake at325 degrees for about 30 minutes (check to make sure they are notbrowning too much). Turn off the heat and let the cookies sit in thewarm oven for an hour or so.

Enjoy :D

:~) Jim

Sounds like a good thing to try if only i had a coffee grinder. not a coffee drinker here.

Cristy

mygrl2k3 wrote:
Sounds like a good thing to try if only i had a coffeegrinder. not a coffee drinker here.

Cristy
A blender would work.

or.. ..

You could probably use a rolling pin to crush/grind the pellets.

and.. ..

The oats you might be able to use as they are. Or maybe chop them up as much as possible with a sharp knife.

lucylocket wrote:
does anyone no what a 1/4 of a cup is

its just we dont measure like this in the uk

varna xxxx
Hi Varna,

I found this conversion chart. I hope it helps.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Household Metric Measure Measure
Code:
1 tsp =5 mL

1 tbsp =15 mL

1 cup =240 mL

1 fl oz =30 mL

1 oz =28 g
tsp = teaspoon

tbsp = tablespoon
fl oz = fluid ounce
oz = ounce
mL = milliliter
g = gram

JimD wrote:
I madea batch of these this past weekend. I added some raisins and craisinsto the recipe.

THE BUNS LOVED THEM :D

You are Too Cool, Mr. Jim. I'll have to make these for theBoathouseParty.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
JimD wrote:
I made a batch ofthese this past weekend. I added some raisins and craisins to therecipe.

THE BUNS LOVED THEM :D

You are Too Cool, Mr. Jim. I'll have to make these for the Boathouse Party. :)

-Carolyn

It was a little time consuming because of the grinding and pureeing.

Grinding the pellets is unavoidable, but I was thinking of using babyfood for the carrots and banana. I ground the pellets and oats togetherat the same time.

I highly recommend adding raisins and craisins, too.

And I baked them like brownies and skipped the parchment paper stuff. Ijust mushed the mix into a throw-away aluminum pan (a meatloaf sizedone worked great for the amount). I also scored it into 1/2" X 1/2"pieces before baking, so it would break apart easier. The recipe makesabout 2 doz.

I wrapped them up in packages so I could freeze them (in my case they were packs of 7..... I wonder why!?!)

The bunnies really go nuts over them. Binkie almost fell out of hercage trying to get one out of my hand last night. Luckily I caughther....and then she bit me....:X...again.

Gave out the last ones so I'll have to whip up another batch this weekend.

~Jim

JimD wrote:
Binkie almost fell out of her cage trying to getone out of my hand last night. Luckily I caught her....and then she bitme....:X...again.
Bad Bunny Binkie :X........biting the hand that feeds you.....lol :p

Rainbows! :D

Great ideas, JimD! I will add the raisins and craisins. Will definitely try them out.

Funny that you should mention this today because Tina was just talkingabout how she'd have to try a new treat for Apollo.

-Carolyn

JIM!! This is a great recipe!I can't wait to try it! If the mana worked properly, I wouldgive you mad props! :dude:

Latest posts

Back