Homeless Man Jumps into river to save his rabbit

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jcottonl02 wrote:
1) Evil person who does that kind of thing deserves to rot in jail (just my own opinion that others will think it much over the top I'm sure). If you can do that to a bunny what can you do to a child or another human being who isn't fluffy and helpless?

2) He clearly loves his bunny and that just makes my heart warm. All people should love their pets as much as we do and clearly he does, as much as to leap into a river to save them. I know without a doubt I would.

Jen
can't say I disagree about letting 'em rot in jail. animal or not, it's a living creature AND someone's pet. imo, the ONLY viable reason for killing an animal is for food... and even then, it needs to be a wild animal or livestock raised for food, NOT someone's pet!

if someone gets their kicks out of not only tormenting an innocent, down-on-his-luck homeless guy, but by throwing an equally innocent little (well, big :p) bunny into a river that could potentially kill it, they're a complete jack***. it's just plain sadistic to both the man and his pet - the homeless man never did anything to that jerk and the bunny certainly didn't either.

if someone threw one of my bunnies into a river, I wouldn't think twice about jumping in to try to rescue them... and I'd beat the heck out of the person who threw them in after I was sure the bunny was safe and calmed down, too!

oh, and if anyone finds out about a way to donate a little something to the homeless man, please PM me the info :)

Awww that's SO sweet!
I love that in the pictures he has the rabbit in the blanket instead of himself :inlove:

The guy who threw the rabbit in the river got 4 months in jail just a couple of weeks ago. I'm happy justice was served!

1224300652324_1.jpg

Good to know that the law works better there than it did in Ohio when that Petland employee drowned those two bunnies and posted the pictures of her holding them to her facebook page. The Ohio district Attorney is worthless in that town--I registered complaints with the State Atty General and the Governor--made me feel better. Was there any follow up on the guy and his bunny?

Good news! I remember this story, what a heartless person that guy was. Glad justice was served.

Well when I saw the guy during the Summer, he was still homeless and Barney the bunny was still going strong. I don't think anything has really changed for him. I guess he has issues that are keeping him homeless. I remember reading when it first happened he was given a job working with animals, not sure what happened with that. In this country, if you are homeless 99.9% of the time it's because you have drug/alcohol issues or psychological issues. If you don't have a job, the Government will give you money to live comfortably, so if a person is homeless it's normally because they were spending the money they were given on things like alcohol, drugs or gambling and had to be cut off. I'm not sure what factors are keeping this man on the streets. The picture above was taken recently.

Someone needs to keep a watchful eye out for the welfare of this wonderful homeless man and his pets. It is amazing that the dog does not harm the rabbit and understands how much the man loves them both. I would if I lived nearby start an animal lovers group to look out for this wonderful homeless man and his pets and to help him when we could by supplying blankets, water, and food for him and his pets.

The jerk that tried to kill the rabbit should be charged with animal cruelty and fined $3,000 and put in jail for a year with community service and humane education required to get out. His name should be posted on a watch list and the next violation should be more jail time and a higher fine.

Latest posts

Back