homeless bunn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butsy

Reaction score
some of you might have read a thread i put about buying another cage. i put my current one on kijiji and a lady needed it asap because someone abandoned a bunny at her doorstep and she had no cage, i felt so bad :( i give it to her for free. now, with no money for a new cage, butsy lives in an X-pen in my little living rooom. and everyyyyynight she escapes and snuggles up at my feet. here are my three conserns about this :

1- she could get electrucuted by eating wires or something

2- i dont was my dog getting to exited with her while i am sleeping(they get along but they are always supervised)

3- her litter box is in her x-pen so she cant use it.

i have noooo idea how she gets out. its like, 3 feet tall, there is no stool near it for her to jump on or anything. what should i do ?????

tips would be greaaat

I had the same problem with my little guy. He was able to jump the 3' of his box's wall. You can get a package of wire squares from Walmart for about $20. Using those squares, you can build a custom box, attaching the squares with zip-ties. Leave the bottom of the box open and place it on top of water-resistant flooring. We have Aperture's box built over interlocking playroom mats that they use at daycare centers. He's in a little one right now until his leg heals, but when he's better we're moving him into a bigger one with a second floor on top.

I would cover the top. Some rabbits can jump or climb out of a 4' tall pen. A blanket that can cover the top would work, but you need to keep it in place with some clips. You could also use NIC grids, but you would need more than 1 pack to do it.

You could cover it with some wire mesh... It's rather cheap and you could zip tie most of it then just clip the rest so you can pull it back and whatnot. :)

You could cover it with a sheet and clip the sheet in place. You said it's too big for a blanket, but a king or queen size flat sheet would be big enough to cover almost any pen.

could always just make a bunny room for her lol. i know when i get a house of my own, i want a 4 bedroom house. one master bedroom, one guest bedroom, one room for maybe a kid eventually, and one room for a bunny lol. i'll cut the door in half so i can look in when i wanna and add a cat flap ^_^

i use a fitted sheet on my xpen at night for my rescue buns..the fitted sheet elastic just hugs around the top perfect,and the buns dont realize that its not a solid top they dont even attempt to jump out ..its cheap and easy and u can get in and out of it very easily.

i built her a new cage :D :D its huuuge. two stories, 4 X 3 grids. she already loves it:) i ordered her LOTS of stuff online for her cage to, so she should be much happier now :)

here are a few, sorry they are so dark, i took then with my phone, so no flash lol

12654_072010_170000000.jpg
<

12654_072010_180000001.jpg

here a few morefrom the little bun house i bought her XD

12654_072010_180000002.jpg

12654_072010_190000003.jpg

Latest posts

Back