Holland Lop Pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StaceyCreese

Reaction score
My Holland Lop turned one in March 2020. I bred her for the first time on March 25, 2020. She wasn’t very receptive to the idea and was getting agitated so we pulled her from the Buck. I had taken her to a breeder and we tried over a hour.

On April 1, 2020 took her back to the breeder to try again. She was a bit more receptive, but not ideal. A Buck did fall off twice. After that she had continually lost weight so I felt like she wasn’t pregnant, but I put in a nesting box just in case. She pulled fur and made a beautiful nest the week of April 20. After that she would just sit on top the box. Since April 25 she has been gaining weight daily and on April 30 she was in the nesting box and made it even more perfect with fur and If my calculations are correct she was due May 1. One May 1 she escaped her cage three times and would hide behind it so I felt like maybe she wanted more privacy so I put a blanket over her cage with the nesting box. (She’s a very well loved indoor bunny with a huge area. I’ll take a picture to show you all).

She’s still eating, playing and drinking and being a bit grumpy with me. Even though she has lots of room in her space I let her out to run around last night in hopes to get the babies moving if indeed she is pregnant. I can swear when she’s resting I can see movement or contractions. I would love to take her to the vet for an ultrasound, but that likely is overboard, I’m just anxious and nervous at the same time...lol.

Her diet consists of pellets, Timothy hay, alfalfa, carrots, kale, clovers and dandelions, which she loves.
What’s your thoughts? Could this me a false pregnancy and should I just not plan on babies at this point? What is the latest that she could have babies?

Sorry for such a long post, but wanted to give you all a clear picture.

My Holland Lop turned one in March 2020. I bred her for the first time on March 25, 2020. She wasn’t very receptive to the idea and was getting agitated so we pulled her from the Buck. I had taken her to a breeder and we tried over a hour.

On April 1, 2020 took her back to the breeder to try again. She was a bit more receptive, but not ideal. A Buck did fall off twice. After that she had continually lost weight so I felt like she wasn’t pregnant, but I put in a nesting box just in case. She pulled fur and made a beautiful nest the week of April 20. After that she would just sit on top the box. Since April 25 she has been gaining weight daily and on April 30 she was in the nesting box and made it even more perfect with fur and If my calculations are correct she was due May 1. One May 1 she escaped her cage three times and would hide behind it so I felt like maybe she wanted more privacy so I put a blanket over her cage with the nesting box. (She’s a very well loved indoor bunny with a huge area. I’ll take a picture to show you all).

She’s still eating, playing and drinking and being a bit grumpy with me. Even though she has lots of room in her space I let her out to run around last night in hopes to get the babies moving if indeed she is pregnant. I can swear when she’s resting I can see movement or contractions. I would love to take her to the vet for an ultrasound, but that likely is overboard, I’m just anxious and nervous at the same time...lol.

Her diet consists of pellets, Timothy hay, alfalfa, carrots, kale, clovers and dandelions, which she loves.
What’s your thoughts? Could this me a false pregnancy and should I just not plan on babies at this point? What is the latest that she could have babies?

Sorry for such a long post, but wanted to give you all a clear picture.
Okay , diet wise , I'd give her alfalfa pellets 1/4 cup , when she has then 1/2 cup.
and 1 teaspoon of oats to help with milk production.
I'd keep an eye on her till day 34-40 then , take her to the vet

Isn't the waiting game fun?

Just wait it out. Depending on her size pellets aren't really necessary, although they are a good supplement. Rolled oats and black sunflower seeds are a good addition for nursing does too. I like those times when I can feed them whatever they really like.

Right now I wouldn't stress her with a vet trip, either she delivers or she wasn't pregnant to start with. Give her some privacy.
And kepp an eye out for alternative nesting spots ;)

Just wait it out. Depending on her size pellets aren't really necessary, although they are a good supplement. Rolled oats and black sunflower seeds are a good addition for nursing does too. I like those times when I can feed them whatever they really like.

Right now I wouldn't stress her with a vet trip, either she delivers or she wasn't pregnant to start with. Give her some privacy.
Thank you for the reply. No babies yet. Seems to be more restless.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back