Holland Lop Portrait for Pamnock

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandhills_rabbits

Reaction score
If you do a sample of a Holland Lop, wouldyou mind posting it? I have some photos on my websitehttp://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

Thanks!

Pam

Pam, I just got to your request from the thread I started about therabbit portraits. I just finished a portrait of a Holland Lop that isbased on the pose of your Holland Lop, Dallas. I didnt do the coloringexactly like his (the bunny in this painting has a lighter browncoloration).

Here it is (complete with butterflies and flowers):
(once again, i'm sorry about the quality of the scan...)

85508946.jpg

Simply Beautiful!

You're amazing, Sandhills. I am at a loss of words on how toexpress to you how much I love your portraits. Yourbackgrounds and color choices are so 'happy' and uplifting.

-Carolyn

By the way, Sandhills, how do you like drawing/painting bunnies?

Carolyn wrote:

I love it!! It's just natural I guess that i'd love having a bunny (ortwo or three!) as my 'muse' for my pictures because my rabbits meaneverything to me. My rabbits mean as much to me as my family does (ihope that doesnt sound bad!) because they (my animals) are my friends,and my responsiblity. I know they rely on me to give them the love andthings that they need, so they have an incredibly huge place in myheart.

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
My rabbits mean as much to me as my family does (i hope that doesntsound bad!) because they (my animals) are my friends, and myresponsiblity. I know they rely on me to give them the love and thingsthat they need, so they have an incredibly huge place in my heart.

I love this painting! Totally agree that the colors and the backgroundsyou choose are very uplifting. By the way that doesn't sound bad atall. It's to bad more people don't feel that way about any of theirpets. Mine are like my kids. I turned down a brand new house on basebecause it's "no pets". I told the people in the office that I refusedto give up my babies so they needed to find us a house where I couldhave my pets. The guy I talked to told me he had a lot of respect forme because9 times out of 10 people just ditch their pets.Like I told him the way I see it I wouldn't get rid of my children sowhy would I my pets......their my babies too!

I just printed out a large copy of it and put it on my desk. It's absolutely stunning and makes me yearn for spring :)

Pam

I just cannot get enough of your artwork! Seriously, when I log on now, I am always hoping you've posted something new. :)

You just are awesome!!!

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
Carolyn wrote:

I love it!! It's just natural I guess that i'd love having a bunny (ortwo or three!) as my 'muse' for my pictures because my rabbits meaneverything to me. My rabbits mean as much to me as my family does (ihope that doesnt sound bad!) because they (my animals) are my friends,and my responsiblity. I know they rely on me to give them the love andthings that they need, so they have an incredibly huge place in myheart.

I am with you. My LA teacher asked me to right a essay about what wasimportant to me and I was the only one in my class that didn't includemy family in the essay. I wrote on and on about how great my bunniesare.

I love it... I can't belive any one can do that.I have no artistic talent and am the only one in my family left out.It's beautiful, post more soon.

Sandhills, another truly amazing picture, you areso talented. As a past commercial artist I see you could makesome good money at this! Do you get any sleep :D:DGreat artists have agreat mind:Dand a good heart!

do you know in the cartoons when the dawn breaksand that music starts playng i cant descrbe it to you but its alwayswhen the birds come out and bunnys an deer . that is what this remindsme of

BEAUTIFUL!

sara

Latest posts

Back