Quantcast

Holland Lop or Mini Lop?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

brianamairose

Reaction score
Hello! A few months ago i got my Holland Lop (or so i thought), Penelope. She was born on February 27th and i picked her up a few days after Easter. She was pretty tiny when i first got her and she is slowly growing but the older she gets, she just turned 4 months old, i notice her head is quite small still. So that got me thinking, maybe she isn’t a Holland Lop but rather a Mini Lop. If anyone could help me out on how to be certain, i would appreciate it! I attached pictures so hopefully someone can tell me.

74D9A2C4-1F66-48CE-B65A-025166CA83A4.jpeg399625CA-93AB-49A2-AACB-C36AFD354D81.jpeg89B521E1-FA0E-44BA-B590-FEC3E139F9CC.jpeg3A28662B-1048-4CE2-92C6-670FDA0B05DE.jpeg

Hermelin

Reaction score
Holland lop is the smallest lop breed in USA and mini lop will be larger, I would say mini lop in USA comes in the middle of the lop bunnies.

It’s the Uk mini lop that can be smaller than holland lops as size standard 😊

The head will fill out when your bunny get older. The first picture is of my holland lop mix at 5 months and the second is of him now.

Attachments

zuppa

Reaction score
I am always getting confused tbh since American Holland lops are smaller than mini lops and in Europe it is vice versa as far as I know. Your Penelope is an adorable bun :)

Hermelin

Reaction score
I am always getting confused tbh since American Holland lops are smaller than mini lops and in Europe it is vice versa as far as I know. Your Penelope is an adorable bun :)
Took a while for me to understand that too, because both breeds is called mini lop but when you look at size standard of weight, you can see the difference between them ☺

brianamairose

Reaction score
That is definitely a mini lop with those long ears
this is what she looked like when she was young, she looked like a holland lop but the older she got the more she changed! the woman i got her from advertised her as a holland lop so i just assumed she was! 205AFF04-B242-4CCC-8FB3-07C7AEDD6FD2.jpeg

BunBun71

Reaction score
Hello! A few months ago i got my Holland Lop (or so i thought), Penelope. She was born on February 27th and i picked her up a few days after Easter. She was pretty tiny when i first got her and she is slowly growing but the older she gets, she just turned 4 months old, i notice her head is quite small still. So that got me thinking, maybe she isn’t a Holland Lop but rather a Mini Lop. If anyone could help me out on how to be certain, i would appreciate it! I attached pictures so hopefully someone can tell me.

View attachment 49134View attachment 49135View attachment 49136View attachment 49137
That is one of the cutest rabbits I have ever seen. 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Lauren Kiernan

Reaction score
Holland lops can be True dwarves or false dwarves. The true dwarves have flatter faces shorter ears and generally do not weigh more than 4 pounds. The false dwarves which are still Holland lops tend to have narrower faces and longer ears. They usually weigh 4 -5.5 pds. full grown . Our HL is a false dwarf. He weighs 5 pds. and is quite cute. You
Can see his longish ears

Attachments