Holland Lop Color Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze_Amita

Reaction score
I've asked on RH what color and no one seems to know. They look too dark to be black torts, or at least not the right color. Mommy's a Sable Point and daddy's a blue tort.

5 Days old ona hunter green blanket:

P3240026.jpg

At eight days old:

P3270058.jpg

P3270059.jpg

P3270060.jpg

Here's a picture of daddy- he's a very dark blue tort. The doe came to me bred to him, so I'm still waiting on his pedigree to come in so I know what's behind him. This is a very young picture of him. He lived with me for a short while after we bought him that's why I've got a couple pictures of him. He's a lot darker now.

P5310136.jpg

I don't see anything lse they could be except torts.
There does tend to be a lot of variation in the amount of darker versus lighter color is shadeds. It may turn out that they are just darkly colored torts. If that is so, they can be very useful in breeding with a very lightly colored tort.

I've seen black torts that are lighter in color and some that are darker in color - but they were always black torts - I think it is the "rufus" gene or modifier or something that makes the difference.

They look like black torts to me too.

Latest posts

Back